SO, FOR THE NEWBIES INFO, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO FIND YOUR 1ST GOLD OR SILVER?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first silver was a 1 ounce silver pendant that screamed when I hit it. That was in my first month. Gold pendant at 2 months. Have yet to find my first silver coin. Have had best luck with jewelry for some reason. Have found 20 rings so far this season.

TampaTroy

Feb 3, 2014
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been detecting since Febuary this year. 1st silver was a Merc was after 3 months and 19 days and about 25 total hours swinging.
No gold yet but its close, I can smell it.

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No lie I got on the silver less than an hour into my first ever hunt. I was hunting with another TNet member and we were detecting along an intersection of two paths. He went right over it and through blind luck I swung my coil over it and it just about blew my ears out! I out my pinpointer down and it was screaming so I knew it was shallow. Down about an inch was a huge men's .925 wedding band. I couldn't believe it I started freakin out!!! A few hours later on the same day we hit on a honey hole of modern coins, and on the edge of a path I get solid high tones and think it's another coin...an inch down I popped out a small woman's .925 ring!!!! 2 freakin silvers on my first hunt??!?! My buddy kept asking if I was going to get the hat trick, but it didn't happen. I also managed to find a bicentennial Kennedy Half dollar that day too...right where my buddy decided to change direction and hunt elsewhere. That was 2 weeks ago, and no silver since then but lots of clad and some pretty cool relics. I'm still learning my detector and I constantly have to tell myself not to discriminate pulltab signals because that's where nickels and gold are at!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread