Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407247834.833989.jpg

word is because of limits, Dealers are paying these people to stand in line & buy
the coins for them to resell.

image.jpg

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/total-insanity-at-ana.249836/

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't surprise me.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking about this today... Are ANA certified stickers actually that valuable on slabbed coins? I have few graded coins, but do have a few I would like graded. A bit off topic, but what grading co is most stringent and respected these days?
Thanks
Peace

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the news you saw and heard about the long lines and near riots at the Mints. At the ANA show there were people sleeping on the side walk 12 hours before the doors opened. While the Mint could have done a slightly better job on the release, it really was not all their fault. The fault lies in the 3-5 dealers who went out and had people bused in to buy the coins. While that may not sound bad in theory, here is what happened: the people they bused in were HOMLELESS, many did not even speak english, and the majority we saw look like they crawled out from under rocks. Some were paid well and most were paid a few hundred dollars. These “enterprising” dealers set up shop right by the Mint with big signs offer huge profits-to those they did not hire. Read More Laura Sperber's Hot Topics: Fools Gold - The JFK Coin - CoinWeek | CoinWeek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread