Geo-Coaching ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I found my Second Ammo Box in the Woods in the past year.

It seems folks have been finding this box for right at 10 years now and Signing the book and sometimes leaving an item.

I have also found a small tube with a scroll inside before ( that if I recall right you would sign & date ) but that was a few years ago.

I could always use another ammo box but I've been nice and Signed the books & hid them back.
These were always Eyeballed and not found with my detector.

This is also a good test for these ammo boxes , this last one I found has been outside for 10 years and the stuff inside was just kinda damp but it's been Hot, Humid & raining off and on for the last week.

Just wondering if anyone else have found these.

Davers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Found a .50 cal ammo box 6' down in a stone wall. My 2 Box picked it up over 6' away. Hay, I signed the book and put it back after exchanging items as per instructions. Had me going for a while! lol Frank...- five star.png

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too found a tube w various articles contained. Eyeballed it wedged in a tree. Upon closer investigation, it was near a trail, so I surmised tube was geo cached. Not my thing, but kinda cool!?
Peace

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never quite "got" the excitement of geocaching. You hide something and publish the coordinates. Where is the fun in that? It's too easy. It would be a LOT more fun if they published a cryptic map carved on a rock or a plate of copper. Or drew 3 rivers and a funny looking topographic shape on a pillowcase. Those things are a lot more fun.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never quite "got" the excitement of geocaching. You hide something and publish the coordinates. Where is the fun in that? It's too easy. It would be a LOT more fun if they published a cryptic map carved on a rock or a plate of copper. Or drew 3 rivers and a funny looking topographic shape on a pillowcase. Those things are a lot more fun.

Yeah it's not quite "Fulfilling " enough for me , if I don't get to keep the Old Relic, or Coin Inside.

Davers

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends who do geocaching. They are ranked by how hard they are to find. Some give coordinates close, the visual clues to find it. One they had to hike miles and canoe to an island just to get close.

Sounds like you found a couple of the easy ones.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

You missed out, 'they' have done all of the above! lol In fact there have been 2 recently hidden coin and Jewelry caches placed in VA and NC. I can't mention them on this forum though.
Frank...- five star.png

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yeah it's not quite "Fulfilling " enough for me , if I don't get to keep the Old Relic, or Coin Inside.

Davers

Hay Davers, You never know what you will find down near your way. Last time I was down there I found a Gator on the old runway at the Airforce Base. lol Frank...- five star.png

seabee89

Jan 7, 2015
Pike County Indiana
Detector(s) used
The old Radio Shack Special...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I geocache, and it has allowed me visit sites that most folks here don't know exist or have forgotten about. There are a series of caches at about 40 old school house sites in the county I live in that I plan to ask permission to hunt on. Most of the schools have gone by the wayside, but the geocache listing has the location and photos posted of the schools. I can use this hobby to "research" the MD hobby. Plus, the kids think each cache is a treasure for them to find.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a Ammo Box Geo-Caching today with the dog. My wife is an Avid Geo-Cacher. We get to get outside and get exercise with the dog. Our Foxhound has much more energy then us, and needs to get out and walk. I scout out places to Bottle Dig and Metal Detect in the future, if only she would give me the time to do it, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread