mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i previously posted on the forum, under places, for pennsylvania. it was about a site in an old area that was to be bulldozed for a "over 50" development. i thought i made the location very vague, but maybe not because today driving by looking for a "body" to seek out permission to hunt( to no avail for like the 40th time), i spied someone with headphones swinging away on the property. no way to prove they deduced the location from here, but BOOOOOOOOOOO! :'( that sucks
mike

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!!! Loose lips do indeed sink ships...better luck next time!

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you stop and talk to the MDer?

I would've pulled the ol' "Hey, who gave you permission to do that?" If he says who, then you know who to talk to. If he doesn't have permission, he'd probably leave.

Or he might have let you hunt with him. No matter what, you still end up ahead of the game if you just stop and talk....

DCMatt

OP
OP
M

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on second thought, after reviewing my earlier post about the site there is no way someone would have known where i was refering to. just a coincidence.

matt, unfortunately i was running late and couldn't stop to talk. but i am going to strongly pursue this area right away.

mike

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,

You NEVER know who else is out there with the same thought as you.

I live in a major metro area and I also look for places to MD. I have NEVER seen another MDer out hunting. However, there is a club meeting each month of local MDers at the NRA HQ. They have 75 - 100 guys that show up every month!

So... lots of us out there looking for a place to swing our thing.

DCMatt

OP
OP
M

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea matt, i know. just wish i could've found out who he spoke with because i haven't seen anyone from the construction crew there since they dropped of the office/trailer. the company has a sign posted with a number, but i just feel i would only get a receptionist for the company, and i'm sure they aren't authorized to give permission. i would rather do it face to face anyway.

mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread