Torn between two lovers (AHHH I mean Tumblers)

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok heres the deal just bought a Lotone model 33B dual drum tumbler. paid 89.00 for it. I was at my friends pawn shop today and he gave me a Chicago Dual drum model 90979. I see that the Chicago sells for 1/3 the price but It looks like a nice tumbler. Even has a on/off switch buitl in where the Lortone doesn't. Which one should I keep? BTW the tumbler had a bunch of large unpolished emeralds still in the tumbler. Any suggestions on what to do with them?

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Keep them both! Then you can have dedicated barrels for different coins or stages of cleaning. That way you don't end up with copper colored clads and nickels.

Or, use one to tumble stones you find when you are detecting, turn into jewelry or sell them loose at yardsales,etc.

Diversify!

Good luck................HH!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would agree with MeinWV. Its a good idea to have an extra, just pack it away and save it until you need it, oh and you will need it.

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could send me one / the one with the stones please.
george

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George if interested I will sell you the lortone tumbler I just bought with the stones, (2) packs of Fine grit, (2) packs of course grit (1) half used, (2) packs of pre polishing, and (2) packs of polishing powders. I will sell the the whole thing for 80.00 delivered. Lortone tumblers are more expensive then the cheap ones don't know why.

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the offer but I think I will keep the chicago since it has an on/off switch

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think you tumble emeralds. They crack. You cut emeralds and wheel polish the facets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread