The Adventure Of A Lifetime And Youre Invited!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Adventure Of A Lifetime And You're Invited!

OK, going to fill you folks in what is about to take place in my life (provided I don't get run over by a beer truck or get eaten by a shark first?) In recent months I have been preparing to hit the road, at least for one full year and possibly even longer, just depends on how things work out.

Starting in October sometime I'll start posting all of my activities in preparation of the trip, this even including the custom work and layout of the chosen vehicle for this journey, a vehicle that has yet to be selected or purchased. Once I'm on the road this blog will serve as sort of an interactive setup for those who want to following along on the journey and keep up with all my treasure hunting activities.

“Suggestions & advice.” I'll be hoping for a lot of this throughout the trip as I plan to experience all that I can. (Keep in mind that internet access isn't always going to be possible so there may be some periods of inactivity on the blog.) If I when I can hookup with other hunters I'll try to do so.

This trip is tentatively scheduled to get underway next Spring but it could actually take flight sooner then this, just depends on how smoothly things progress. “This will be a treasure hunt” so the door is wide open as to what these future pursuits might be. Just today I was on the phone talking to someone about the possibility of even filing a small gold claim. Last week I was on the phone talking to someone else about a possible old shipwreck location. On the upper east coast I have been invited to hunt hundreds of acres of “prime old ground”, and so on and so on. So this trip is certainly leaving the door wide open to any and all possibilities. As for now only two locations have been targeted for certain. (Not interested in the big treasure legend stuff.)

At a few locations I will also have the aid of researchers, people who will help me search for possible destinations and locations in advance. So for those who are interested in following this adventure just click the “follow” tab on my blog and you will be automatically notified whenever the blog is updated. Also, at the bottom of every post there is a “leave comment” link so please feel free to leave those comments.

This is something I've always wanted to do and that last opportunity is finally right around the corner. I have no idea how it will all work out but it just seems like a damn good adventure at this point in my life. So stay tuned. More to come in the following weeks. :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in getting updates, but I don't know where to click on your blog - I didn't see a link anywhere in your post ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You left out the info!!!!!! What states or better still routes will you cover? How are you traveling? By Motorhome?
I have gone this route, but only for a month or two at a time. The rest stops and campgrounds have Wi Fi and you can get a Mi Fi unit from Verizon that will work anywhere cell service is available, hay, it worked on a gold claim in Cal. Here's my vehicle, 300 Diesel HP, 4 wheel drive, only 22' but with all the comforts of home. It's an Xplorer, Xcursion. Aluminum floor and frame with fiberglass cover. 14MPG, but no hotel bill or schedule required. Sleep in rest stops on the interstste and at your search area. Frank...-
300MH.jpg
MN  Stanton Az 04.jpg

In the woods Or in the desert

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck bigscoop! I can only dream of such an adventure.
And Frankn, why didn't you gimme a ride when I was hitch-hikin' the west w my GTI-2500 back in 2007? ;) Nice rig...
Peace

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck..But being a semi truck driver there is one thing i never would do .. Spend the night in a rest area…… To many bad things happen in those rest areas at night…I always went to a truck stop and stay out of the back rows in a truck stop ..now Flying J truck stops has parking in front were the cars park for campers..or a shopping area like Walmart some place like that …. Or if there was a big motel i would pull in there parking lot...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For obvious reasons exact destinations won't be announced in advance. Right now there are several possibilities being considered with only a couple having already been decided. There are also several private properties that have been offered and many of these are still being researched to assess their potential. The one thing I want to avoid is backtracking so once I depart the actual routes and destinations and pursuits will be roughly known, a few possible side trips always a possibility.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Best of luck bigscoop! I can only dream of such an adventure.
And Frankn, why didn't you gimme a ride when I was hitch-hikin' the west w my GTI-2500 back in 2007? ;) Nice rig...
Peace
Well, Blue hadn't eaten yet, so I figured it was best not to pick you up, lol. Frank...-
Blue 1212.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Good luck..But being a semi truck driver there is one thing i never would do .. Spend the night in a rest area…… To many bad things happen in those rest areas at night…I always went to a truck stop and stay out of the back rows in a truck stop ..now Flying J truck stops has parking in front were the cars park for campers..or a shopping area like Walmart some place like that …. Or if there was a big motel i would pull in there parking lot...

Well Keppy, I parked at rest stops for years with no problem. Now I admit I travel with some very alert company which probably helped. Gracie and friend.jpg Blue 1212.jpg

Wallmart lots are even better, It is quiet there at night. I would pull up on a far out corner, go in and renew my supplies and snooze out for the night. Flying J stations have nice restaurants and special fueling islands for MH's. I would stop in a campground once a week to empty holding tanks and fill fresh water. I would also take the world's longest shower in the MH there. I would also do the laundry there. It was basically a day of rest, since I drove 600Mi a day crossing the country. But once I arrived on a gold claim of cache site, I could spend over 2 weeks in comfort there.
Frank...- five star.png

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigscoop,
If you come to SoCal on your adventure you are more than welcome to stop by and I can show you some of our beaches!
Sounds like an awesome trip! Best of Luck!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm looking forward to it I subscribed

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so happy for you scoop!!! Sounds so exciting and such an adventure for you!!! I certainly will be checking in and following you to see what's up! Are you bringing your mom and dad along? I can't wait to see picture's and hear stories!!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so happy for you scoop!!! Sounds so exciting and such an adventure for you!!! I certainly will be checking in and following you to see what's up! Are you bringing your mom and dad along? I can't wait to see picture's and hear stories!!!

No, no, no. Mom & Dad will be staying home. :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Keppy, I parked at rest stops for years with no problem. Now I admit I travel with some very alert company which probably helped. View attachment 1038978 View attachment 1038979

Wallmart lots are even better, It is quiet there at night. I would pull up on a far out corner, go in and renew my supplies and snooze out for the night. Flying J stations have nice restaurants and special fueling islands for MH's. I would stop in a campground once a week to empty holding tanks and fill fresh water. I would also take the world's longest shower in the MH there. I would also do the laundry there. It was basically a day of rest, since I drove 600Mi a day crossing the country. But once I arrived on a gold claim of cache site, I could spend over 2 weeks in comfort there.
Frank...- View attachment 1038981

Nice supportr crew you have there Frank!

Frank

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop, wish you all the best. I'll be following your adventures!

Frankn, when my son and I left Texas in March of 2007, heading to Idaho, we were in an old 31' Pace Arrow. We stayed one night in an RV park, one on the empty part of a shopping center parking lot, and one on a Walmart lot. Though not vicious, we had 2 small dogs with us that would start barking at any noise. Also a shotgun, so we weren't really afraid of being molested. We went back to Texas in September; and 2 months later, came back to Idaho. We spent one or two nights in RV parks; but mostly in rest stops and Walmart lots.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll follow along. Sounds like a awesome trip...just wish I could go!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Nice supportr crew you have there Frank!

Frank

Well Gracie, the English bulldog, passed away about 2 years ago. All I have left are her ashes and all the fond memories of her and I exploring all over the USA. Now Blue, the Pit bull, is young and afraid of nothing. He is like my guardian out there. Whoever said, Mans best friend, had it right.
Frank...- five star.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread