this place rocks...

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
hi I'm pretty new hear i only joined a week ago and Ive got the say this place is awesome, wow ,dredging,panning,metal detecting,bottleing,ghost towns, rock,gems,fossels, . man this sites got it all. if you would just add trapping and guns ,i could die and go to heaven. theres just so much to checkout on this site . anyone that would be bored with a site like this would be bored anywhere.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Welcome MRDUKE

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, trapping and guns, I'd never get out reading all the fine posts.

As a kid I used to have a small trap line. It provided cherry soda an burger money. Now days kids buy cars.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Duke! You're right, there's tons of information to be found here.

Welcome to the forum ;D

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Jump right on in here,MRDUKE and welcome! Tell us about that trapping and show those guns.Monty might be interested in that trapping as he has a killer recipe for 'possum butt pie' in the recipe thread.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Tnet. A gun and trap section would be fine . I seem to come across alot of traps when hunting.

S

stefen

MRDUKE said:
hi I'm pretty new hear i only joined a week ago and Ive got the say this place is awesome, wow ,dredging,panning,metal detecting,bottleing,ghost towns, rock,gems,fossels, . man this sites got it all. if you would just add trapping and guns ,i could die and go to heaven. theres just so much to checkout on this site . anyone that would be bored with a site like this would be bored anywhere.

Give it time... ;D

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Happiest place on earth!!!

(Can I say that without having a copyright infrindgment?? Ah who cares about the mouse we can use the trap that Paul mentioned, hehehe)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Welcome to Tnet. A gun and trap section would be fine . I seem to come across alot of traps when hunting.
Welcome to TN MRDuke and Gypsy...thought a trap was "somefin" my wife tells me to shut..lol

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
thanks everbody for the friendly welcome .. ya know when i was a kid growing up (I'm 43 now) it seemed that everything we did revolved around being out side ,we were eather ,hunting or fishing ,and we pretty much lived on our dirt bikes , i was probably out camping 60-90 days a year we would use any excuse to be outside. but it,s all changed now between the T V and video games kids could care less whats out there. it,s kind of sad. and i wounder are we the last generation with any imagination and sense of adventure. god i hope not. when i see an old dump i don't see an old dump but insteed i see the possibility. of what might lay beneath. and if your open to seeing the possibility's that lays around every bend theres opportunity's all around us for little slices of adventure. every time we turn on the M D or slip a pan in the water .every time we cast a line in the water or check a trap, or dig for an old bottle at some old dump it,s all the somethings were all looking for that little bit of magic thats buried.

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Well said, MR Duke!

And Welcome. You'll fit right in here.

Just be wary. This place is like the Hotel California - you may check out but you can never leave. Look at me. I am on at 1:24 in the am and have to be up in a couple of hours to go to work! Will really have to tank up on the coffee in the morning.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=Paul is Dead link
But where would you keep her? And to tame a Gypsy, there is a challenge.
sheesh Paul, my message below my Avatar explains my thoughts, sides life would be boring without such a challenge - hmm a secondary one would be what & how do I handle my Tiger.

Gad, can you imagine a gyspy and a Latina in the same household? Never be a dull moment .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duke, you want to talk guns, Gold or Gals or Gainful employment, let me know. The first two I am fairly well aquainted with. Gainful employment? Duh??? I simply lie in my hammock and let the lucky gals feed me grapes while gentely swinging the hammock.

Join me gentlemen?

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=deedeelou Well said, MR Duke!

And Welcome. You'll fit right in here.
Right ton deeeedee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just be wary. This place is like the Hotel California - you may check out but you can never leave. Look at me. I am on at 1:24 in the am and have to be up in a couple of hours to go to work! Will really have to tank up on the coffee in the morning.
Hi Gal, if you wanna change yer employer and location join my volunteer grape feeders. Always a place open for you. I suspect that Duke will be joining me.

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
MRDUKE said:
thanks everbody for the friendly welcome .. ya know when i was a kid growing up (I'm 43 now) it seemed that everything we did revolved around being out side ,we were eather ,hunting or fishing ,and we pretty much lived on our dirt bikes , i was probably out camping 60-90 days a year we would use any excuse to be outside. but it,s all changed now between the T V and video games kids could care less whats out there. it,s kind of sad. and i wounder are we the last generation with any imagination and sense of adventure. god i hope not. when i see an old dump i don't see an old dump but insteed i see the possibility. of what might lay beneath. and if your open to seeing the possibility's that lays around every bend theres opportunity's all around us for little slices of adventure. every time we turn on the M D or slip a pan in the water .every time we cast a line in the water or check a trap, or dig for an old bottle at some old dump it,s all the somethings were all looking for that little bit of magic thats buried.

I really liked your post...I try to make my childrens life an adventure and it pleases me that they would rather be outside in the wilds rather than planted in front of the babysitting TV or video game. My girls beg me to take them detecting,bottle dumping and they love rock piles (because its easy hunting) . They use any excuse to sleep in the camper or the tent. Even on rainy cold days they are out there reading or imagining they are on a ship on the ocean(their favorite game).
We all want that adventure and magic we experienced as children and maybe thats why so many of us have taken up this great hobby!
........and Paul.....Catching a Gypsy isnt that hard.....keeping her is the trick tho! ;)....are you using Wisconsin Cheese for bait....hahahaha

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
gypsyheart it dose my heart good to hear that about your children,it makes me thank that as a people and as a species there is hope, besides finding the prize when your out M D ing your building up family values and a sense of Independence in your children,Ive known to many people that don,t know who thy are and have no sense of what thy believe, all thy know is what society tells them. when we stop singing just to hear the song and we stop danceing just because were scared someone might see us ,then we've lost all joy in life. if you,ve ever had a smile in your heart and the joy of life is so big it,s about to burst out ,then you still alive , so many time all you see are drones going through the motions cradle to grave there slaves to society thy just don,t know it. it,s like there a sleep. but when a person is out there M D ing or fishing and thy see a path thy,ve never been on before and thy take it . thy,ve just steped on the road less traveled ,and thats where the real journey begins ,we can just hope there are more children like yours out there..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread