paybacks are a bitxx

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I was beeping a near by towns riverfront park the other day. This particular park is frequented by a lot of homeless folks. This one homeless guy kept teasing me about everything I find in the park is his. After listening to this guy for a number of hours, I made my mind up. I kept EVERYTHING I dug up, then as I was leaving I walked over and ask if everything I had found was really his, and of course he said yes it was. So I gave him about 50 pull tabs, bottle tops and screw on wine caps. LOL.. He was not very happy..

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soulda told him to do the world a favor and jump in the river with rocks tied to his ankles.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats not very nice dholland,homeless or not still a human being and should be treated with respect.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ment it as a joke. My phone cut the JK part off my bad folks didn't see it till now.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was beeping a near by towns riverfront park the other day. This particular park is frequented by a lot of homeless folks. This one homeless guy kept teasing me about everything I find in the park is his. After listening to this guy for a number of hours, I made my mind up. I kept EVERYTHING I dug up, then as I was leaving I walked over and ask if everything I had found was really his, and of course he said yes it was. So I gave him about 50 pull tabs, bottle tops and screw on wine caps. LOL.. He was not very happy..
Without the j/k, it could be construed as pretty much "dirty dog" like, rawr :cat: but kinda sorta fitting. :dontknow: :laughing7:
You had patience to put up with hours of mindless yammering? :icon_scratch:
You a good man, that's all I'll say. :laughing7:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
He claimed that it was his. I don't see what the problem is. I don't mind the occasional joke ("You metal detect? Hey, I lost a gold ring here, and a gold Rolex, and a gold chain..."), but if someone wants to be a jerk about it, they've earned a jerk response in my book. Don't make this about class warfare. Somebody was heckling him. He tossed it back at them. Maybe the individual in question will leave other people alone next time.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the time at the beach I get people saying "I get half of what you find"...I always start digging in my pocket and say "here, take half of these pull tabs"...they always get a kick out of that and we start laughing...I kid and joke with people all day long at the beach, its part of the fun for me.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Did you find my....... Yet?". Gets asked of me all the time by the general public. You just hold up a pop top and ask "Is this it?" Works every time and they usually laugh.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Did you find my....... Yet?". Gets asked of me all the time by the general public. You just hold up a pop top and ask "Is this it?" Works every time and they usually laugh.

I usually tell them the guy down the beach in front beat me to it. :)

Isn't it funny how people have absolutely no problem just walking up and "insisting" on a conversation of us? Interrupting our personal "pursuit of happiness".
Ever try that with a golfer while he's swinging? Or a tennis player practicing his serve? Or a bird watcher sneaking up on a rare finch? Or just about any other hobbyist? Just walk up and stop us from what we're doing because they want to demand an audience. Now, don't get me wrong. Lot's of good tips have been garnered from ad hoc conversations with people in the field. It's always a good idea to be courteous. But, sometimes, we catch a label if we just don't feel like interrupting our enjoying a nice walk and waste some of our own precious time because someone wants their way. :dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually tell them the guy down the beach in front beat me to it. :)

Isn't it funny how people have absolutely no problem just walking up and "insisting" on a conversation of us? Interrupting our personal "pursuit of happiness".
Ever try that with a golfer while he's swinging? Or a tennis player practicing his serve? Or a bird watcher sneaking up on a rare finch? Or just about any other hobbyist? Just walk up and stop us from what we're doing because they want to demand an audience. Now, don't get me wrong. Lot's of good tips have been garnered from ad hoc conversations with people in the field. It's always a good idea to be courteous. But, sometimes, we catch a label if we just don't feel like interrupting our enjoying a nice walk and waste some of our own precious time because someone wants their way. :dontknow:
Your right and Ive thought about this before. They do the beep beep thing, throw coins in front of you, make smart remarks, etc. They don't mess with anyone doing any other activity.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should've asked how much he paid in taxes. That it's more your land than his.

Sorry everyone I don't feel bad for people that are" down on their luck". Some people are just lazy drunks. I get up at 4am every morning and drive 1 1/2 hours each way. Work my butt off to pay for what I have. It would be 100 times easier to sit under a bridge and drink my life away.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Some years ago, I was Gold prospecting with a friend on an LDMA Claim! The Caretaker kept coming around snooping, wanting to know how much Gold we were getting. A little later on, he walked over with one of his buddies and they asked the same question, "how much Gold you getting?" to which we answered with the same as before, "just a few flakes every now and then" (which wasn't true but they did not need to know how much we were getting). Becoming a little bolder, they stated that to make sure to drop off their' share of the Gold before we left. To this I quipped, you want a share, then get your' a&* down here in the stream and get to digging. They left mad but left us alone the rest of the day. However, on a few more trips to the location, the Caretaker kept saying we were digging where we were not supposed to be digging in the stream. My friend Tom (the holder of the LDMA Membership) told him that were not and to leave us alone, otherwise he was going to call the Massie's who he had known personally for many, many years. The Caretaker left but came back as we were packing to leave and stated that he was reporting us to the LDMA. Tom said go ahead because it will probably be the last thing you do here on this Claim and sure enough it was. They fired the guy right after Tom gave the Massie's our side of the story. Karma is a bi&#h.

Frank

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should've asked how much he paid in taxes. That it's more your land than his.

Sorry everyone I don't feel bad for people that are" down on their luck". Some people are just lazy drunks. I get up at 4am every morning and drive 1 1/2 hours each way. Work my butt off to pay for what I have. It would be 100 times easier to sit under a bridge and drink my life away.

Eagle101... I have never been one to get down on folks who are "down on their luck" either and never would. But our system helps ANYBODY who wants it to help themselves "climb out" and start a life. And if you don't want help to better yourself it supplies a means so you can substain yourself at the level your at.

"It would be 100 times easier to sit under a bridge and drink my life away"... I'm proud of ya for not wanting to do this..... but your wrong about the "100 times easier". I DO KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT buddy. But this is where Darwin's theory kicks in..... but it does suck!!!!!

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Limitool. I didn't say what I said to be a jerk. Also I don't want to sound like I want pity. That being said I grew up very poor with a tough life. I made a promise to myself that I would never live like that again. I worked hard in school then joined the Army. I got a good job due to my hard work and now I have a very good life. All because I didn't chose the easy path in life.

I don't feel bad for people who don't want to work hard to get somewhere good in life.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well you could have said well then , here is some of your metal for scraping then....

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
paybacks

Some people are down on there luck. a lot of places the economy is bad. But there's a lot of folks that choose to live the way they do regardless of finding a job or not.My 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those homeless people u see have a choice. They could go to the shelter get cleaned up and get a job. No they would rather be maggots in our society.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread