sidearms...who carries?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I went to last gun show this small beautiful young lady maybe 100 lbs pulls a Springfield .45 out of her purse to have it checked at door by police, officer asks her why she has such big firearm, turns out 3 men tried to break into her home one night and were scared off by a neighbor.

She now has conceal carry license and is ready to defend herself........

That reminds me of the story about an elderly lady going down a Texas highway a bit too fast so a state trooper hit his lights and pulls her over, as he approached the drivers side window he notices a revolver on the dash, he asks the old lady, "ma'am, is that gun is loaded? and she says "yes it is", he then asks her if she has any other firearms in the car, she says...... "yes, I have a loaded 380 auto in my purse and a loaded 45 in the glove box"....the officer then asks her..." Ma'am....what exactly are you afraid of ?"

she replys......"Not a damn thing, officer"

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear RJ carries a 44 with a 7 inch barrel, I can't tell where he carries it..

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And If she had a fire arm the story would over with too.

When I went to last gun show this small beautiful young lady maybe 100 lbs pulls a Springfield .45 out of her purse to have it checked at door by police, officer asks her why she has such big firearm, turns out 3 men tried to break into her home one night and were scared off by a neighbor.

She now has conceal carry license and is ready to defend herself........

I find that far more sexy than some girl twerking...

the fact that a man your age even knows the word ' twerking' is discomforting

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear RJ carries a 44 with a 7 inch barrel,

Nah,a 7 inch barrel is to long,3 or 4 inches for a barrel is good.Most gun fights happen at around a 20 foot distance.It takes time to clear 7 inches out of the leather,that split second could kill you or help to keep you alive.Actually i used a .41 magnum.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the communist state of NY. That's not even an option. Mr Cuomo even made me sell my ar's as we now have to register them. Could you imagine, big brother knowing what I have at home. I gotta get outta here. Quick!

I have to disagree with you on your point about it not being an option . In the 5 bourghs of NYC I agree it is an act of god to get a carry permit . You either need to be rich or have friends In high places or something of that sort . But in upstate most counties have the availability of getting a pistol permit and in a good deal of upstate counties we have the option of getting a full carry conceal license such as here where I live in Otsego county . I have had a conceal permit since 1990 and very seldom am I not exercising my 2nd amendment right to bear arms except where is prohibited by law . Like in the 5 bourghs of NY . Because believe it or not it says right on my permit it is not valid in NYC , im ok to be trusted with a handgun upstate with all us county folks but in the city nope cant be trusted . As for Mr Cuomo my opinion of or comments toward cant be expressed in this family type forum page .

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have to disagree with you on your point about it not being an option . In the 5 bourghs of NYC I agree it is an act of god to get a carry permit . You either need to be rich or have friends In high places or something of that sort . But in upstate most counties have the availability of getting a pistol permit and in a good deal of upstate counties we have the option of getting a full carry conceal license such as here where I live in Otsego county . I have had a conceal permit since 1990 and very seldom am I not exercising my 2nd amendment right to bear arms except where is prohibited by law . Like in the 5 bourghs of NY . Because believe it or not it says right on my permit it is not valid in NYC , im ok to be trusted with a handgun upstate with all us county folks but in the city nope cant be trusted . As for Mr Cuomo my opinion of or comments toward cant be expressed in this family type forum page .

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Mr Cuomo is not the favorite person in NY among sportsman or gun owners . He is trying to buy us off this year by making crossbows legal in archery season . Will we forget what he did ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no we wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ItsSawGood

Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
West By Gawd Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my CCW. Walther PPS 9mm in an IWB.....whether Im MD'ing, fishing, or going to Walmart. Part of me doesnt like carrying but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah,a 7 inch barrel is to long,3 or 4 inches for a barrel is good.Most gun fights happen at around a 20 foot distance.It takes time to clear 7 inches out of the leather,that split second could kill you or help to keep you alive.Actually i used a .41 magnum.

I just got rid of a 7.5" barrell .41 Mag.....Bullets to damn expensive..lol

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will say I did not read all 112 responses but I have real good reasons to carry. First I am a US citizen and the second amendment to the constitution says I have a RIGHT to go armed. My Supreme Court re-affirmed that right. Second, I was a cop for many years and between '70 and '76 I was required to carry a sidearm even when off duty and in the public. And third, this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago and the police will even admit they no longer can guarantee ANYONE'S safety so I WILL carry. It has nothing to do with detecting in seedy places. My biggest concern is walking in on a crime in progress and protecting myself during that ONE MOMENT in my life that I have been preparing myself my entire life for. When I reach into my pocket, I'm coming out with a .45 in my hand.....not pocket change! TTC

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will say I did not read all 112 responses but I have real good reasons to carry. First I am a US citizen and the second amendment to the constitution says I have a RIGHT to go armed. My Supreme Court re-affirmed that right. Second, I was a cop for many years and between '70 and '76 I was required to carry a sidearm even when off duty and in the public. And third, this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago and the police will even admit they no longer can guarantee ANYONE'S safety so I WILL carry. It has nothing to do with detecting in seedy places. My biggest concern is walking in on a crime in progress and protecting myself during that ONE MOMENT in my life that I have been preparing myself my entire life for. When I reach into my pocket, I'm coming out with a .45 in my hand.....not pocket change! TTC

You have a God given right to defend yourself. The Second Amendment protects that right.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sig P238, yup always, and always train with it. My life and the safety of my loved ones is a responsibility I'm willing to undertake unequivocally.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).

let you in on a secret...its like that Everywhere! doesn't matter where I go, nice neighborhoods or slums..dopeheads are everywhere, and I'm not talking potheads, they don't hurt anybody, its the heroin,crack,meth..everywhere. :sadsmiley: :BangHead:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked many police officers here in Florida about open carry vs conceal carry, by far the vast majority tell me they prefer open carry, that it cuts down on crime..

Now that's Interesting ...IMO

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's Interesting ...IMO

Common sense really.Who would you mess with,a person who could possibly be carrying or a person with a .45 ACP 1911 on their hip:laughing9:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my CCW. Walther PPS 9mm in an IWB.....whether Im MD'ing, fishing, or going to Walmart. Part of me doesnt like carrying but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).

Home Depot is a great place to do a Meth Deal.

Cause 'Tweakers' are always Fixin or taking apart Something.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let you in on a secret...its like that Everywhere! doesn't matter where I go, nice neighborhoods or slums..dopeheads are everywhere, and I'm not talking potheads, they don't hurt anybody, its the heroin,crack,meth..everywhere. :sadsmiley: :BangHead:

I Hear Ya, Man..

Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread