There are some nice folks out there still !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had just started detecting in a small city park area when a white car pulled up next to my truck and a middle aged conservatively dressed guy got out and walked up to me. He asked me if I would like to hunt a hot spot?? This was a bit of a shock, though I am a bit cynical about any place being a hot spot, I told him thanks and that I would get out there right away and give it a preliminary checkup. It turns out he was selling the property and it will be bulldozed flat in six days, the house has those large old stone like looking concrete blocks in the foundation that means it was built in the 1910 s or thereabouts. I went around and cherry picked a bit nothing great so far , got about a pound of melted lead a number 6 fishing weight and a mirror holder made of brass with chrome sans mirror and also some inch sized copper water pipe that sure gave a high reading. So I am going to try and hit it tomorrow morning will take a push mower to cut down some grass. Also the 15 inch WOT coil might be a big help for finding any glass jars full of coins that might be a few feet down. Wish me luck !!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck and happy hunting. Hope to see some good finds.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hope to see some goodies posted!

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked permission to hunt an old home site once and the owner got mad that I even asked permission. Gave me a speech about how I was going to kill the grass and destroy his property. blaa blaa blaa..

A few weeks later they bulldozed the site and paved a parking lot on top of it.

Good luck hunting your spot!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Replies and Update on findings.

Good luck and happy hunting. Hope to see some good finds.

Thanks for the reply mikeraydj, at least it is a different place to hunt, sometimes just that breaks the routine !

hope to see some goodies posted!

Not much from this place but at least it is a different spot for hunting.

I asked permission to hunt an old home site once and the owner got mad that I even asked permission. Gave me a speech about how I was going to kill the grass and destroy his property. blaa blaa blaa..

A few weeks later they bulldozed the site and paved a parking lot on top of it.

Good luck hunting your spot!

Hi Jeremy that sounds typical of some folks sadly. Thanks for the reply

Update:
They got the site sold off now supposedly and I am done hunting it the grass was a bit of a impediment. Sadly there was not much good stuff there. If you like chucky cheese tokens and matchbox cars , some of those are cool, got a few fishing sinkers also. Many cans and large pieces of aluminum there. Also the heat has been quite bad! Still August tends to be hot. Still it was nice of the guy to volunteer the site for hunting !! Thank you for that Sir !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there was fun and excitement while you were hunting! That's the name of the game!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread