All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
shove it in the ground straight down and wobble it outward --it will make a hole by which you can remove the object / coin --

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
This should be the universally approved tool. You pull the plug. Either the item is in it or still in the hole. You either dig the hole without impact to the surface or pull it from the plug from the underside. Replacing your divot with little or no consequence is a no brainer :D

700_burgon-ball-bulb-planter.jpg

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting for the day when we can just aim a device at a spot on the ground, push a button and the coin, or item materializes on the surface, no digging needed!.......then I woke up! Darn!!!
Until then a screw driver is my main recovery tool.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to use screwdrivers in WA. First use it to cut a 3/4 plug then push the sod back. IF you know the depth then stick in the screwdriver to about an inch above the target and pry up multiple times like airating. Then use your pinpointer to find target then try to get under it and lift out

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JOHUNT, sorry about your great grandfather. I remember my mom using an icepick to chip chunks from a block of ice. One day getting ice for the tea glasses, she missed and stuck the icepick into her thumb from just behind, and beside the knuckle, and it came out the end of her thumb. Dad had quite a 'pull' getting it out. This must have been in the late 1940s because we got a 'refrigerator' in 1950. lol

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RustyGunn's video says it all. For those coins a little deeper, slide your index finger down the blade to "hold onto" the coins against the blade. I also find one of those weed cutters with the wider point work well too. If you can't perfect your technique with a screwdriver, stay outta my parks! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread