My Brother-in-Law, a Great...Simple...Kind...Quiet & very Peaceful Man passed 08/23!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My Brother-in-Law, a Great...Simple...Kind...Quiet & very Peaceful Man passed 08/23!

My Brother-in-Law, a Great...Simple...Quiet...Kind and very Peaceful Man passed yesterday (Saturday - August 23, 2014) in the early afternoon! Eugene Hurst or Gene as we all called him, was poor man that had accepted his' fate in life long ago, lived a fairly simple life taking pleasure from watching his kids and grandkids grow up and go on their own and smoking his' pipe. I never once saw him ever raise his' hand or voice in anger to my sister, Frances who passed last year on July 16th nor to his kids, grandkids or anyone else. He loved to share of his somewhat limited wisdom (limited due to his poverty), tell clean but very funny jokes and to lend a hand or any other help that he could possibly provide to anyone in need.

May God Bless him on his new journey and may he reunite with my sister soon as well as his many family members that passed before him! Heaven is truly gaining a great Spirit while we deal with the loss of a great man that will be missed by all that have ever been touched by his kindness!

Frank

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, all of my thought's are with you and your family....It's always hard to lose a loved member of the family.....my Brother-in-law passed this spring from Pnemonia at the same time that I was recoverering from the same, and you wonder how God made the choice of which one to take.....I will keep good thoughts for all of you;;;;;Gary

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.

i lost an Uncle, a cousin, and a good friend, all before their time, last summer. Makes you think about your own mortality.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss. My dad is in the hospital now as we speak. My sis starts chemo on the 28th. No one is promised tomorrow. Live ever day to it's fullest, and try to let grudges go. That's been my hardest. Hang in there.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your family have my condolences, I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my BIL two years ago, to liver cancer. He was also a gentle man and treated my sister very well. Hard to see someone like that go.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear this buddy.... And he did sound like a good soul. Give me a call sometime soon if you'd like to talk Frank. Bonnies friend passed last week also in MI.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry for the loss of your brother in law, sounds like a great man!
Our prayers to you and the family. There are no words...just love.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I am truly sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had awsome grip on life. He might have been poor but sounds like he was rich in spirit. Isn't that what counts the most. God Bless you and your family.

sponge using smoke signals.

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to you friend
So sorry for your loss
That's one thing we all have to except unfortunately
Just remember the great man is in a far better place

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to read about your loss! Your brother sounds like he was an awesome person!
Prayers go out for you and your loved ones!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to thank everyone for their kind words, sympathy and prayers! They really do help and have more effect than you think.

Frank

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. All in my family that came before are gone as are some that came after like my wife and one son. As we get older, we see it more and more. Frank
flower#10  500.jpg

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
when one speaks these highly of another such as this, it speaks volumes of the man's true character, especially an in-law. we aren't promised our next breath, our Lord has seen fit to allow me to out live my circumstances, nearly 20 years now. one learns to make sure his loved ones and friends know that they are loved, we never know when will be the last time we see anyone. my prayers for you and his family, may the healing come quickly. Jerry

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may he RIP, my condolences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread