🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking for an unbiased, honest opinion on the depth/stability of the etrac. I would like to know how accurate it is versus depth. I'm not interested in any other brand/model just the etrac. I don't care for reliability, warranty, price, or build quality remarks. I feel most people don't know how to judge depth and can easily say 4-5 inches is 8-9 or more. I have however seen some really deep coins unearthed by the etrac and with a pretty rock solid vdi. If your from Long Island Ny even better, as soil conditions will be the same. Thank you in advance, Mike

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I am looking for an unbiased, honest opinion on the depth/stability of the etrac. I would like to know how accurate it is versus depth. I'm not interested in any other brand/model just the etrac. I don't care for reliability, warranty, price, or build quality remarks. I feel most people don't know how to judge depth and can easily say 4-5 inches is 8-9 or more. I have however seen some really deep coins unearthed by the etrac and with a pretty rock solid vdi. If your from Long Island Ny even better, as soil conditions will be the same. Thank you in advance, Mike

Are you asking how deep it will go, how accurately it will identify targets at that depth, or how accurately it will determine depth?

I can't tell you how they work on Long Island, but I can tell you that mine rarely works as advertised where I'm at. It hasn't left the closet in months. It's just not the machine for this area. I'm told that they work very well in better soil though.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't have an Etrac but have a friend who does and with the right coil and in all metal that sucker goes deep.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been swingin' an Etrac for 2months. Best machine I've owned thus far. My SW Ohio soil is usually mild. VDI stays true on silver dimes at the 8+ inch range. Sound is key though. I've only found one Barber dime deeper than 8 inches. The VDI jumped a bit, but the high pitched silver tone rang clear as a bell!
Everyone boasts about the number 12 on Etracs. This is true to a point. Being new to my Etrac, with or without a 12 Ferrous number, if the sound is steady and sweet, I dig.
Good luck
Peace

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been swingin' an Etrac for 2months. Best machine I've owned thus far. My SW Ohio soil is usually mild. VDI stays true on silver dimes at the 8+ inch range. Sound is key though. I've only found one Barber dime deeper than 8 inches. The VDI jumped a bit, but the high pitched silver tone rang clear as a bell!
Everyone boasts about the number 12 on Etracs. This is true to a point. Being new to my Etrac, with or without a 12 Ferrous number, if the sound is steady and sweet, I dig.
Good luck
Peace
Exactly the type of input I was looking for, thanks Kid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions