How to contact owners of property to beep

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I was traveling down Hwy 49 a few months back and saw a location south of Moccasin, CA On hwy 49 towards Bagby that looked like a good spot to beep. I had driven by that spot many times over the decades, and always thought the same thing. It is certainly in the right location. But it was all posted and fenced, as is everything in Commifornia nowadays, The Highway department puts up the fences. So I went home this time and did some digging and came up with a few names of folks who might be the ones to contact, but a quick search online did not give me much in the way of leads to find them. There are websites online that'll charge you for info, but I am not sure that is a good idea or not. Not too keen on giving out my credit card info to someone I don't know. Plus I don't have that much money. I used to use the white pages, but those are not available like they used to be. These locations are a long way from my home, so going to the court house is also not a reasonable way to go about it. So how does one find and contact people for permission to beep or prospect from a far distant location? I used to use GeoCom, but since they removed the mining claims section, I have been unable to use it for anything of value. This happens all the time, I see a spot in a remote area, and even if it is not posted, who owns it? The effort to find the owner by driving to the court house and other local spots would be prohibitively expensive to say the least. If anyone knows someone down near that area who might know some of the locals, I'd love to get in touch with them. These locations appear to be either claimed up or old patent sites from what I can find out.

MrDude

Greenie
Sep 19, 2008
The county I live has all the public property records on line and the owners names and addresses. Hope that helps

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate beeping research but ya gotta do the beepin research to find the beepin landowners. I go to beepin google maps and the beepin local on-line real property tax map sites to find the beepin landowners. After that, I can never work up the beepin nerve to even knock on the beepin landowner's door, I'm too beeping skeered of being beepin rejected. But that's just me, I'm a beepin skeerdy-cat.

OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Different county than where I live. A days drive round trip. I found the owners name but no contact. I found them on FB and left a message but not sure when or if they will read it.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got turned down on an old farmhouse built in 1812. The guy's wife was kind of snooty. Snotty? The guy himself was very friendly, but obviously very p-whipped. He pulled me to the side and whispered, "Come back in September."

:icon_scratch:

I agree that it sucks being rejected, but suck it up. If you ask at ten houses, and only one gives you permission, and you get silver... or better, then its all part of the game, right? The hunt for a place to hunt is part of the hunt. Hey! That should be my new sig!

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread