Breccia gravels

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an ancient Cemented(Breccia) gravel stream that runs through my property. It looks to have been overlaid by volcanic Basalt some time along the way. You can see the gravels exposed at the drainage's.
It runs fairly deep based on the thickness exposed in some cuts. It is hard as hell to get anything off of it. I used a D-6 to rip a section out for a road. So there is some slightly loose stuff there. Thing is, it in the Coastal range near Vacaville, CA. A area not known for gold in any reasonable amount. Anyone want to come try it out with or without me? I keep looking at it, and it just looks like so much work to even get a pan worth of classified material I have never tried it to see what is in it. I think a rock crusher might be a good way to break it up some. I don't happen to have one of those.

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still an active thread? diverrick, have you found anything yet? Or used any other means of extraction? I'm in Vacaville. Solano/Napa/Lake Counties have buried deposits from the Farallon Fault.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread