Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO This Guy Should Still Be In Touch With The OP No matter What.

Hope Everything turns out well.

The Waiting Would Drive me Batty.

Davers
It's only been 5 days … I buy things from ebay all the time and after i pay i never hear from the seller again … I can email some and never hear from them…. That's just how some are… I bet in the long run his coil will get to him...

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope so I give him until Friday and see if I want to wait longer.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OP,

Here is a link on PayPal's site that will help you understand how they handle fraud:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/topic/?topicID=FRAUD&parentID=PROBLEMS&m=BT

It looks like they are having a technical issue right now as it does not load the answer I clicked. However, here is a link to give them a call

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone

They will be able to help you resolve the issue and hopefully advise you to the best course of action. I'd make sure you have all of the facts before calling so that you don't have to estimate or guess. Since you did not gift it, I would imagine that you'll be covered by some type of protection. Only PayPal really knows. Give them a call and let us know how it turns out.

It's worth noting that I back up what some others have said... sometimes online transactions get delayed. People's lives and responsibilities get the best of them sometimes. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you!
Man it has only been 5 days and you are already calling .. fraud .. I hope none on here buys off my ebay ...

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's why I am worrying

1. After payment doesn't respond to anything.

2. Uses someone else's picture saying it's his.

3. Won't answer any txt messages.

Maybe he fell off the face of the earth lol

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with others who have already said it.

You would be a nightmare of a customer.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.. after reviewing this thread..

You tell us you've purchased something from a member here, and you have been "scammed".

You tell us that the person who sold you this item, will not communicate with you, and yet you also tell us that he communicated a shipping date of 8/23.

You originally told us that you paid on 8/15. Other members researching the transaction find that you actually paid on 8/22.

You are jumping up and down screaming fraud, and using real names and accusing people.... When in fact YOUR facts seem to be in dispute.

You tell us your main concern is that the seller used a picture of an item that he did not take himself. Well I'm sorry to tell you son, but that happens all the time. Some people can't afford a camera. Or don't know how to upload pics, and therefore link a pic to the same item. Could be a dozen rational explanations for this.

In summary, it's been a whopping 3 business days since the seller told you he shipped, and you're screaming fraud at the top of your lungs? Really?

There may actually be a problem with the transaction... but there's no way you'd know that by now.

And decent folk don't run around calling each other liars and cheats until they know that's the case.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid....maybe... maybe not. But I would wait a bit before doing anything. Things happen. people have jobs, family. USPS and UPS and Fedex are known to occasionally have issues. Give it A few days.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid....maybe... maybe not. But I would wait a bit before doing anything. Things happen. people have jobs, family. USPS and UPS and Fedex are known to occasionally have issues. Give it A few days.

Exactly.

Some lessons come with experience...

If someone is going to publicly call out and accuse another of dishonorable and criminal behavior, they first better be damned sure they're right about it.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this digital age, everyone expects instant gratification......patience is a virtue that use to be taught, now it has to be learned....hope everything works out for you, but you might want to think and act a little more mature next time...for it will happen again.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is more to this story... The seller has 3367 positive feedbacks (100%) ???

Seller information
ccmo63 (3367 )
100% Positive feedback

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
In this digital age, everyone expects instant gratification......patience is a virtue that use to be taught, now it has to be learned....hope everything works out for you, but you might want to think and act a little more mature next time...for it will happen again.
I was about to type almost exactly what you just did..patience grasshopper.

Mike

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope once the item arrives this thread is deleted. This sort of thread and how quickly google robots this forum is a way for a person not to get a job after a quick background search.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, I screwed up! Somehow I got distance from where the OP lives to where the Seller lives confused with the price. That is what I get for being in a hurry as I had other fires I needed to take care of and when this happens, I get careless. Thanks for catching it!

Frank

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:...I doubt a robot can track a assumed screen name, and besides I'm retired....a little over-reaching on this one eh?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_scratch:...I doubt a robot can track a assumed screen name, and besides I'm retired....a little over-reaching on this one eh?

You may be not happily surprised to know just how much you can find out about somebody from just a screen name. less than a hour I could probably read most people their lifes story, most folks don't realize just how much info they willingly offer up about their selves online, and once its there it stays.

Mike

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the best thing to so is relax some. It's only $75.00 so if it does turn out to be fraud just be happy it wasn't $400.00
When your young and excited it is easy to jump to conclusions, try to resist that and life will be much less stressful...I bet you'll have your coil by Monday...

sent from a potato...

Last edited:
OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry I jumped to a conclusion so fast it's just my grandpa just got out of the hospital about 2 days ago and I wanted to go metal detecting with him so bad and Because my old 8.5x11 is having problems just the past day or so and needs to be sent in.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread