pLEASE HELP

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to do this but please if u can , encourage this boys mother into keeping his awesome Clovis point he found. Atleast until he turns out not to be a collector of the hobby. If you don't know the story he found it on a beach and the family contacted the state museum where they are going to donate it after he shows it at school. This kid might turn out to be one of us rock collectors and I would hate for him to kick himself after https://m.facebook.com/andrea.cordle?fref=ts&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to do this but please if u can , encourage this boys mother into keeping his awesome Clovis point he found. Atleast until he turns out not to be a collector of the hobby. If you don't know the story he found it on a beach and the family contacted the state museum where they are going to donate it after he shows it at school. This kid might turn out to be one of us rock collectors and I would hate for him to kick himself after https://m.facebook.com/andrea.cordle?fref=ts&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment
I was thinking the same thing...it said the museum already had two dozen similar points...this boy has one and likely the only one he will ever have...that thing is a beauty.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Is it anyone's business but his own what he does with it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
We are a forum that discusses such things....

And your point is?? I am discussing it, am I not?

From your own profile: "WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE!"

So why are you even arguing with me?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Encourage a boys mother? A female who is not soliciting my advice? How to handle her boy. I'd rather critic her driving. Hoo boy. Face book link does nothing to help the case but promote a "service" I avoid. Let the boy fight to make his own choices and decisions when he is ready. Till a certain age his mother still responsible for his actions including relic dispersal and or possession. She may be trying to humor antiquities act to avoid trouble as the find has been made public. A record and pics for sure for the lad.
Should the find inspire him great! Hopefully the museum goes out of its way to expose him to a cross section of history and where his point fits in it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And your point is?? I am discussing it, am I not?

From your own profile: "WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE!"

So why are you even arguing with me?
JB, I am not arguing with you I answered your post.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing is any ones business...so lets all be quite and say nothing about anything.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing is any ones business...so lets all be quite and say nothing about anything.

You and TH are being ridiculous.

I responded appropriately with MY OPINION to the OP's post. If the OP had posted a link to the article and then said, "should the boy keep it or donate it", then it would be open for discussion.

However, in reality the OP suggested that we tell the boy's mother what he should do with it. I responded that it is none of our business what the boy's mother has already decided to do with it.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well for Christ's sake lets not try and influence anybody into another point of view be it right or wrong.

Encouraging the mother to let her son have this item for this reason or another might.... JUST MIGHT ... inspire this child into another realm of thought (now or later) he hasn't thought about. Outside of THAT it IS NOT any of our business. Who the hell said "his mother" has already decided what to do with it or has done. It's about the child not the mother guy. This kid didn't find bags full of gold coins on a beach!

You ought to work for/ support / and donate to present Govt. programs if this hits your radar that hard. I bet you already do.... !

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the boy found it,it is legally his to do with what he wants,the mother should agree to what he wants.im sorry but end of story for me.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and TH are being ridiculous.

I responded appropriately with MY OPINION to the OP's post. If the OP had posted a link to the article and then said, "should the boy keep it or donate it", then it would be open for discussion.

However, in reality the OP suggested that we tell the boy's mother what he should do with it. I responded that it is none of our business what the boy's mother has already decided to do with it.
Then why is what we think any of your business? Like I said, if nothing was any ones business, then nothing could ever be discussed. We are giving our opinion just like you said you did.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museum to Display 6,500-Year-Old Human Skeleton - ABC News

Because they lose things like this skeleton in a basement for 84 years ? Or how about all the original Jamestown artifacts that were destroyed in a basement during a flood? The kid needs to keep the Clovis point. Museums have enough stuff in their basements already.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't read it, I am not on Face book & don't support facebook, So I won't be signing up there.

Donating an Arrow head to a state museum seems a total waste to me.

even if they do place it in a display with a note saying who donated it,
odds are at some point, they will decide to pack it way.

Just my opinion of course

If it were a Local museum in the area it was found & they had non like it,
it would make more sense.

Of course if it is the Kids Idea, and it's going to make this kids head swell to know he donated it.
Fine.

However if the mother is forcing this on him in any way,
I agree Ream her out .

Yes it's His Business Ben.

Not his moms unless he asked her if he could

However, this woman put her life & apparently her kid(s) life
On facebook for the World to see & comment on if they want to.

So Yes it is also Everyone who wishes to put their 2 cents in's Business .

She made that clear By posting on Facebook
& didn't block the public, Don't ya Think ?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If its given to a museum the point will either 1...never see the light of day again or 2...it will disappear into somebodies pocket.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
However, this woman put her life & apparently her kid(s) life
On facebook for the World to see & comment on if they want to.

Who in their right mind does stuff like the above.:censored:idiots.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the boy or his mother asked my opinion in this forum I might give it to them, but until then, I have nothing to say on the matter. But to the original poster I would think long and hard before giving this woman and her child your parental advice and solicit others to do so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread