Payment Methods ???

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really used anything but PayPal and Bitcoin.

Nice to see other methods popping up though. Free market competition makes for better products and services.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
PPG is PayPal gift I think, which is OK for sellers, but bad for buyers.
lots of pros and con's to it, seems less fees involved when paying as gift.

ChaseQP
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/individuals/shared/page/quickpay_faqs

What is Chase Person-to-Person QuickPay?
Chase QuickPay is an online service that allows you to send money to and receive funds from virtually anyone with an e-mail address who's enrolled in the service. It's fast, convenient and secure, and it's easy to get started–all you need is a valid e-mail address and U.S. bank account.

Is Chase QuickPay free?
Yes. You can use Chase QuickPay to send and receive money at no charge.

Do I need to be a Chase customer to use this service?
No. As long as you have a valid e-mail address, you can create a Chase QuickPay profile to send and receive money. Simply register your Chase checking account or a checking or savings account you have with any other U.S. bank and send money to your recipient. We'll coordinate the direct transfer between banks–without any cost to you.

Note: If you're using a non-Chase checking account for Chase QuickPay, you won't be able to accept payments from other users who also want to send and receive funds using non-Chase accounts. At least one of the accounts in the requested payment (either the sender or the recipient) must be a Chase checking account.

Of course, being a Chase customer has advantages. For example, only Chase customers can use the service to request money from others. And, by enrolling in both Chase QuickPay and Chase Online Invoicing, our Business Banking customers can send detailed invoices to their clients; request payments; and receive payments directly to their Chase account—all online. Note: If you have a Chase checking account, you must use it to send and receive money via Chase QuickPay

Dwolla.
https://www.dwolla.com/about

What is Dwolla?
Dwolla is a payment network that allows any business or person to send, request and accept money. We're not like those other big payment companies that rely on plastic cards and charge hefty fees. Instead, we’ve built our own network that securely connects to your bank account and allows you to move money for just $0.25 per transaction, or free for transactions $10 or less.

having a problem figuring out exactly ING direct is.
ING Direct
ING Direct is the Group's brand for a branchless direct bank with operations in Australia, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain. It offers services over the web, phone, ATM or by mail. The service currently focuses on simple interest-bearing savings accounts for retail customers. ING Direct Italy is currently opening its own "bank shops" in the major towns, where customers can operate services on usual web channels, assisted or not by branch operators, and use advanced teller machines for cash and check transactions.

BoA is a bank of america payment/transfer service.
https://www.bankofamerica.com/onlinebanking/online-bill-pay.go

Whether or not any of it is safe to use, I've no idea, but I enjoy researching things.

Mike

Last edited:

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info! I have used PayPal for years without a problem. Years ago I had a problem with a seller on Ebay and PayPal got it resolved very quickly. I have sent money, received money, completed international transactions, and even have a PayPal MasterCard and never had a problem.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Whether or not any of it is safe to use, I've no idea, but I enjoy researching things. Mike

Thanks Mike! I thought PPG was PayPal gift, but nothing pinned that down for me.

I had used that 7 or 8 times, and they charged me no fee. And then the last time I used it, they hit me with a fee - a surprise, but I guess it should have been expected.

I joined a bullion trading forum, and PayPal isn't very popular there.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread