What just happened?

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get a chance to play MD very often but today I did. I ended up at my first tot-lot and thought I'd give it a go.This place doesn't get much use so I didn't know what to expect.I ended up digging 4 good targets on my white 4900d. I spent 15 minutes on each target and they were all phantoms! My pinpointer was reacting also but nothing there.I'd chase it from one side of the hole to the other and every time nadda'! The only thing I can think of is small targets like maybe bird shot or something! Am I missing something here?
Thanks,
Wade

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that, many times 1shotwade. If your pinpointer is hitting too, it's usually a small metal bead, or BB as you suggested. A bit unusual to go 4 for 4 though. Someone may have dumped some BB's.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When that happens, grab handfuls and swipe em until you get the target. Then spread it out on something like the slide and find it with your pin pointer. Small targets that are the same color as the material they are in are very hard to see.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could also be a tiny piece of wire very hard to see.

A 4900dl was my first machine, still have it but needs fixing. You can tell by the sound what you have usually. Good machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread