Ever had a toe ruin your weekend?

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks!ouch to the excavator finger!I am still mobile ,but I didn't have to go hunting today,work would be a different story.That is what I have been wearing on my feet outside is my adida slippers ,but I don't think them and the woods would get along too well.Maybe tomorrow?

Hey, if you need to get somewhere, you could always call a toe-truck. Hahahahahahaha.................just kidding, hope you are feeling much better today!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the small number drill bits twice to relieve pressure (fingernails). Hurt like hell when drilling due to downward pressure on bit but when you "break through" it is INSTANT relief. I was taking a window A/C out years ago and the window came down on my middle finger. I walked around for 2 days looking like I was flipping everybody off (and didn't care either). Then somebody said drill, drill, drill. I came home drilled and again had instant relief.

If your toe is hurting from blood under the nail.... drill. But if from blunt force trauma or broke that's something different. Best of luck to ya.... Brad

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was going in the top bathroom cabinet last night and a big colone bottle fell out and landed right on the nail of my middle toe:o, some cheap colone on top of that

Man up, you sissy. Get rid of the cologne and amputate the toe with your pocket knife.

What has happened to my country?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man up, you sissy. Get rid of the cologne and amputate the toe with your pocket knife.

Now that I've quit laughing.... I'll attempt to comment: You remind me of my late father. We'd be out in woodshop pushing wood through the table saw and I'd get a sliver in my hand. Well, I'd stop and try to pull it out. My dad would yell "What the hell are you doing?" And I'd say "I got a bad sliver!" Then he'd yell.... "Well hell... push it on in or pull it out.... LET'S GO!!!!" Just no mercy.... Brad

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Get rid of the cologne and amputate the toe with your pocket knife.

Dont be ridiculous,a pocket knife is way to sharp.What you use is a plastic butter knife.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't get mouthy punk!last person who talked to me like that took a short nap.I guess I was asking for that one with a post like that:laughing7:I was just bored and wanted to share my toe.I was thinking about using a pair of pruners but its feeling better now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you were a coyote!! running through the desert late at night, with the moon to your back...lol sorry my imagination runs with it some times.
Short is GOOD..try dealing with this all your life..don't forget to duck!
View attachment 1046029

Mike

PS now you know why they call me BigCountry..lol
you are a big dude!Looks like someone was cornfed.watch your head!

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Digiron2, I too, hate to hear about your misfortune. Those toes and fingers can really hurt. Hope you get relief soon!

I had a 55 gallon barrel rim hit my big toe. I had tipped it toward me, lost it, it rocked away from me, and then came back down on my toe. I worked the rest of the day in quite a bit of pain. When I got home and removed my shoe, it caused it to be much worse. I guess the shoe was holding pressure on it or something causing it to not let the blood fill in under the nail. When I saw what was causing the severe pain, I took my pocket knife's big blade which had sharp point, and gently started rotating the knife with very little pressure. It took quite a while, but when the blade broke through the nail, blood shot about three feet into the air, literally. But with the loss of the blood came much needed relief. Later the nail came off, then much later it did grow back.

I also had an uncle slam a pickup tailgate on my thumb once. I was really surprised that I didn't lose the thumb! It broke the nail, made it cut into my thumb, and cut the thumb's pad badly, but of course there was no blood under the nail to cause pressure-pain. It took several weeks, but it did heal without leaving even a scar!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you heal quickly!

Read up on T Net and do some research!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Everything can always be worse.A buddy of mine use to work for a road paving company.Once they were putting new granite curb stones in.An 800 pound section of curbing got loose and fell out of the backhoes bucket,it fell roughly 4 feet and landed on his hand.It basically pancaked his hand,the sides of all his fingers were split open from the pressure.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch.....just reading all of this hurts my toes and fingers

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably shouldn't tell this, but when I was a young'un, I had a bit of a temper. Mellowed a lot over the years, and of course learning by doing had a lot to do with that. Anyhow, I was shoeing a horse, working on the left front foot, and the bugger cow kicked me right in the hollow of my left knee. Now, that hurt, and I hopped around a bit. It also made me really mad, so I kicked the horse back, and tore the nail off my right big toe inside my boot. I got that horse shod, but I was one sorry, miserable, could hardly walk son of a gun, and the worse part was the horse was laughing at me. I've been kicked a time or two since then, but I never did kick a horse again.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at 6 foot 1 and 400lbs with a SIZE 13 EEE foot -- I got a lot of foot to hurt ... gout/bumping your big / little toe upon things while walking in the dark --don't you hate when folks "move stuff"while your asleep ?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day my driveway was getting large gravel poured we had many dump truck loads coming and going for awhile. Every time the driver was done he's come to back of truck and swing the tailgate and remove any small stones along its edge. Then he'd get back in cab and hit the electric locks to hold it. Well since I "know everything" and had seen this done several times I yelled at him that I'd clean off the lip... "No need to get out" I told him. I swing the tailgate back and used my gloved hand to quickly clean off the remaining debris. The tailgate came back and caught my middle 3 fingers and made a big clank sound... The driver then hit the locks. I screamed like a little girl and he released the locks and I went to my knees. I had to drill some holes later in 2 nails. Damn that HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, speaking of tempers, my dad was fairly even tempered. But, there are times when good sense goes out the window and temper takes over. He had a cow pushed against the barn and trying to pour some medicine in a cold drink bottle, down her throat. The cow suddenly lunged and stepped on his foot. Later found out that one of his toes was blue and finally lost the nail. That wasn't the worst of it though! He lost his temper and hit the cow in the side. It literally knocked the cow to the ground! After that, he carried his arm in a sling for several days, then off an on for over a year because the wrist would give him trouble. Although he was ashamed of what he had done, he told the story occasionally. It always got a laugh.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at my Grandparents in MO. when I was about 10-11. Huge get together with all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins out in the country. Grandpa has a small pony named "Blackie". Blackie was in a about a 2 acre fenced pasture completely cleared except for 2 trees in the middle. Grandpa put the bridle on Blackie and put numerous kids upon him and he'd give a ride around the pasture and stop where he started for the next. After about 7-8 trips around the field Blackie was done and headed for a low branch and ducked under it and told my cousin off its back. So Grandpa went out and "talked" to Blackie and took a ride himself. My turn now... I get on and get taken of his back also except this time at a good clip. My dad goes out... grabs the reins ends... wraps them up into his hand and wrist and lands a hard right hook to the horses jaw. The horse snaps his head to the left and lifts/throws my dad off his feet and onto the ground while shaking its head. For 10 minutes my dad chased that horse around that field and couldn't catch it.... My dads hand was injured badly from the punch he threw and landed. I'll never forget that scene as long as I live.

I get the moral of the story including the ones above is don't "fall out" with large animals.... :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread