diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to gold country today

I had an offer to come beep two private lots up in gold country. First one was up near Volcano, which I figured was too high but what the heck. Second lots was just South of Wilseyville. I studied up on the topo maps, but it sure looks different on the ground!
Both lots came up with nothing but junk.
Then I went down to a town near Mokelumne hill. I had never been to before called Paloma. Drove down to the Gwin mine site down there, and took some pics of the ruins, then on down to another mine at the Consumnes river. Found the mine, but no opening to the mine as it has been blocked up I beeped the tailings and surrounding area with no luck. On the way out I noted an abandoned rock wall building, so I pulled in and found the owner, he said not only had it been beat to death before by detectorists but his son doesn't want anyone in there. So I could not beep it at all. All in all it took all day to drive up and back and do some beeping in between. I just love trips like this, as it is not so much the finding of gold, but the looking for it, that I like. Temps were PERFECT for beeping.:headbang:

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great escape and you had fun the best part the gold is around there somewhere!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes, the thrill of the hunt is more satisfying than the catch.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the gold country. No tar weed up here, and I'd love to smell some of that again. Horses used to have black sticky up to their eyes. No relatives in Calif. anymore. Liberals and their taxes run everyone off, but at one time we had family scattered between Coarse Gold and Sonora. Thinking about it brings back great memories. No place like the foothills in the spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions