pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, Garrett 2500, Garrett Pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Guys

I have developed a pinpoint protector for my garrett pinpointer...........works great and keeps my pinpointer like new without disturbing range...........are there protectors out there. Is there a market for this out there?---How many would be interested, very cheap to make, could not find one and works great............please just let me know what you think.........not selling anybody, a md friend of mine wanted me to make him one and it got me thinking

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I really don't feel like I need to protect mine. A little dirt in the speaker to dig out occasionally and a quick wash after muddy hunts and it is good to go.

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes,, you are right, but scratches do eventually wear down your pinpointer, scratches do ham the range of the pp....if you could keep it like new for less than 10 bucks, wouldn't u?---

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett pro pointer doesn't need protection...I can buy a pizza for that 10 bucks.

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
really?---mine is less than 1 year old, worn and scratched up badly, florida is basically sand, of course you would not need it there..........try hunting in ny...........

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere in N.Y. will eventually kill a pin pointer. I try to take it easy with mine, but it does get used and abused on almost every hunt. Thats what I got it for.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any pictures?

sent from a potato...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was surprised at the wear on my tip, I dig in shale, gravel, rock, sand and dirt and I guess I am more abusive to it than I realized and have considered dipping the tip in the plastic dip.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3860564_f260.jpg

A 3-Pack of pinpointer protectors.

For only a buck.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Peace.

Does it make it more water resistant? or is it more a comestic thing. I go thru a pinpoint about every 18 Months, mainly because i beat the hell out of it in usage, but there are times Im hunting and the dew is crazy heavy and after 2 holes my pinpointer is muddy...lol..that didnt sound right :laughing7:

But do you have a pic or something....a little mo' details?

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey digging.....I just tried it in water, the pinpointer stayed dry, I never even thought about water ........this makes it really cool...........for the first 5 people who responded, if you post you want to try it I will send you a freebie, but it takes me about 4-5 days, I work on them on my spare time, if you guys will try and give me honest feedback, will give it to you free, I never even thought about the water aspect, yes it will make your pinpointer water resistant, I just used mine in a large puddle, detected the coin I dropped in it and it was completely dry..........awesome baby.......thanks diggin

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this could make your pointer much more effective in the dew...and it would come out dry after you explore the holes.........hahahahhahhhah lol....

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just looks like the tip protected here, right?--mine keeps yours in mint condition, I swear.....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
hey digging.....I just tried it in water, the pinpointer stayed dry, I never even thought about water ........this makes it really cool...........for the first 5 people who responded, if you post you want to try it I will send you a freebie, but it takes me about 4-5 days, I work on them on my spare time, if you guys will try and give me honest feedback, will give it to you free, I never even thought about the water aspect, yes it will make your pinpointer water resistant, I just used mine in a large puddle, detected the coin I dropped in it and it was completely dry..........awesome baby.......thanks diggin
I know I was post number 8, but I would like to try one if any of the first five don't want to try it...

OP
OP
P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
private message me where you want it sent, I had 3-4 posts in, so you were one of the first five, I think you were five, but florida people don't need to try it so you can have it .....for dieselram,,,

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
private message me where you want it sent, I had 3-4 posts in, so you were one of the first five, I think you were five, but florida people don't need to try it so you can have it .....for dieselram,,,
PM sent, Thanks!

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will give it a try I go to the gulf of mexico and would love to be able to use it in the water

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw come on, Florida people aint that bad. :laughing7:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see it. I dipped mine in plastidip and it has worked well but id like to check this out as im soon to buy another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread