Searching old hobo camps for silver coins & maybe gold coins & jewlery

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobo.. gold.. for some reason those don't go together..

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If a hobo had jewelry, he wouldn't be living in a hobo camp.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plain and simple bad idea.Some of them will try and attack you..

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last winter I had some homeless guys yelling obscenities at me while detecting in a large park. They were camped out under some large pine trees. I heard them yelling but couldn't see them, I finally figured out where they were and just avoided that area without turning my back to them.

This spring when they had all migrated elsewhere I did a quick scan of the area where they had been camping. The ground was loaded with cheap malt beverage bottle caps and other garbage, and a very minimal amount of clad. I seriously doubt that if these guys had anything valuable that they would hang onto it for long. Not worth detecting unless it is some old property with the potential for old coins and relics.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think the best they had were nickels. They did some interesting carving on them. If you are crazy enough to go to those sites, go armed, stay alert, and don't discriminate out nickels. Frank...- five star.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to hunt where the bums hang out. Found that they all throw their pennies away. I save them, so I get them. I don't go where they sleep at night but more where they hang out in the day time. And for some reason the love the bus stops here. Go figure ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread