Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few days ago my trusty Garrett Propointer bit the dust. I had been watching the videos on the new Deteknix x-pointer. I ordered one and it arrived yesterday.

WP_20140906_001.jpg

So far I like it. It is louder than my old Garrett, Lighter but feels strong. The buttons are harder to push than the Garrett and make a clicking noise when pushed. Don't know if that is good or bad. Seems to be as sensitive when set to full sensitivity. I love that it also comes with a lanyard and 4 tip protectors.
Anyone else here get one? What are your thoughts?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have one and retired one. Field reports about not seeing small gold led me to make my own tests and it was confirmed.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send in your old one to garrett and they will send you a new one....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Have one and retired one. Field reports about not seeing small gold led me to make my own tests and it was confirmed.
The Xpointer will not see small gold you say ? You mean like nuggets small rings , ear rings ? What small gold ?

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reposted from yesterday.

Well, my X Pointer broke today! I have only had it for 8 days! It was only the second weekend out with it! I did not drop it or use it rough. The positive battery connection prong broke off and is now rattling around inside the thing. I registered online for the warranty and now don't know what to do! When it was working it was awesome. It did not false at all. I just want it to be fixed or replaced. I had to go back to my dreaded backup Bounty Hunter Pinpointer (ugh)! Apparently the warranty is through Metal detectors, sand scoops, accessories, The Gold Digger, New Jersey

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Reposted from yesterday.

Well, my X Pointer broke today! I have only had it for 8 days! It was only the second weekend out with it! I did not drop it or use it rough. The positive battery connection prong broke off and is now rattling around inside the thing. I registered online for the warranty and now don't know what to do! When it was working it was awesome. It did not false at all. I just want it to be fixed or replaced. I had to go back to my dreaded backup Bounty Hunter Pinpointer (ugh)! Apparently the warranty is through Metal detectors, sand scoops, accessories, The Gold Digger, New Jersey
Well that is not a good report on the X-pointer

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
68K, I hope that your experience will be an isolated one and not a trend for the pinpointer. I will be interested in hearing how the warranty is honored and how fast your pinpointer gets fixed.

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
68K, I hope that your experience will be an isolated one and not a trend for the pinpointer. I will be interested in hearing how the warranty is honored and how fast your pinpointer gets fixed.

Thanks. I really liked it when it worked. I hope to hear back about the warranty today. I also hope the process is fast, because I can't take using the Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer any more..lol

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a reply back. They said "please send it to our service center. We will send you a new one. Some probes have this problem so we are just replacing with a new probe. Please note that the recent shipment this problem was corrected." I will only be out the shipping cost to send it back to them. At least I will have a brand new one in exchange! Unfortunately it will take several days due to shipping times. I will provide updates.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got a reply back. They said "please send it to our service center. We will send you a new one. Some probes have this problem so we are just replacing with a new probe. Please note that the recent shipment this problem was corrected." I will only be out the shipping cost to send it back to them. At least I will have a brand new one in exchange! Unfortunately it will take several days due to shipping times. I will provide updates.
That sounds good what state or city do you have to return it to ?

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just mailed it out today. It has to go to their service center (Blue Bay Detector Sales) in NY. We will see how long it takes to get a new one back. Hopefully not too long.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just mailed it out today. It has to go to their service center (Blue Bay Detector Sales) in NY. We will see how long it takes to get a new one back. Hopefully not too long.
I was thinking of getting one ..i will wait and see what happens with yours good luck ..

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like mine so far. Seems to have good depth, loud, and adjustable. The only negative. Seems to use more battery. Not really an issue as I use rechargeables and lasts for days. I like that it will not false, a big issue I had with the Garrett. As I said before, since this is new, the real test will be longevity and service if something goes wrong.

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My faulty X Pointer should have been delivered to the "service center" today. I hope to hear from them on when to expect my new one in the mail.

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooops - the cat's out of the bag!

Blue Bay Detector Sales - that company is owned by Carter P - the guy that does those Detector Comparison videos!

Didn't he show off this pinpointer in the video like he was an "independent" tester of the product?

Now we see that he is actually the service center (in reality he is importing them from China)...
Ooops - the cat is out of the bag...what about the other products that are shown in those Detector Comparisons supposedly unbiased videos???

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Bay Detector Sales - that company is owned by Carter P - the guy that does those Detector Comparison videos!

Didn't he show off this pinpointer in the video like he was an "independent" tester of the product?

Now we see that he is actually the service center (in reality he is importing them from China)...
Ooops - the cat is out of the bag...what about the other products that are shown in those Detector Comparisons supposedly unbiased videos???
Funny how that works. I think there is a lot of this type of stuff going on.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EXTREME DETECTING
Innovative and Exclusive Detecting Products.

Sounds like you have a vested interest too. Hmmm. Sounds like competition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread