Finally!!

Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased my ATPro this past spring and was beginning to wonder if it was the machine so many others were raving about. Yesterday, I started finding out that maybe it was. I have definitely gotten used to the pro none mode and like it best. Now, I'm beginning to think it's not the machine or my skill in using the machine. It's location and luck! Went to Denver City Park where lots have said it's been hunted out. Found 44 D quarter, 1916 British large penny, and three wheaties. Also found just over $8.00 in clad. It helps to hunt in places that have a bit of history!

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!
-Happy hunting!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, and it is indeed locations and luck,...or hard work and research ( my preference ). I'd also add about hunted out locations..that is a MYTH!! I can't stress that enough! take it from somebody that has been detecting 35 years. a good example would be to take a 10×10 area, mark it off and detect it from every possible angle, I've found good targets just by changing my coils direction by just a few degrees.
that and as technology in detection improves, newer detectors that can see through iron particularly well like minelabs, XP deus etc. are bringing all sorts of incredible finds out of supposedly hunted out locations.

As a better example to how changing directions by just tiny amounts can make all the difference I'll use my parents yard as a example. I've been detecting that yard since 75' I've literally spent thousands of hours detecting it, yet I still find old coins there, the minelab has played a role in that, and soon adding a XP deus to my arsenal as for what I've read from people I trust, it is amazing in iron!
Have a great day and Happy Hunting!

Mike

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The easy silver coins have been mostly cherry picked over the years. The ones that remain are going to be iffy signals due to being masked by other junk, coins that are very deep, standing vertically, or at weird angles.

I pulled a '34 quarter out of my yard that was surrounded by nails in an area that I had previously detected thoroughly. Swinging my coil at just the right direction over it gave a iffy high tone that was non-repeatable. Iron audio would grunt like crazy when I turned it on. Expecting a large piece of iron I saw silver around 6" inches down. :thumbsup:

The AT Pro is a very capable machine.... once you really get some time in and learn it. The number and quality of finds get better each year that I use mine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread