New York State

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some are completely off limits, some require annual permits, most are unfriendly to metal detectors. Where are you going to be?

OP
OP
streakert

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cortland is the nearest big town

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only 30 minutes from cortland, but I've never detected up there. I don't hunt parks, but you could try calling the town to ask them.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better choice is too call the Palisades interstate park commission and get a permit for 20 bucks and hunt some truly awesome locations that date pre revolution, both beach and cellar pit. The park is on the other side of the river and covers both NY/NJ...its worth it and its legal. On top of that the land/beach is 12 miles long and 2,500 acres...
Home | Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey

If you decide to check it out, PM me so I can tell which locations to focus on..
One of the ten old bathhouses
1.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just go for it. NEVER call and ask for permission!

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If your planning on hunting, town or county parks...absolutely..I never get bothered, other than park rangers ask if I find anything interesting. State or Interstate parks (Harriman, Bear or Palisades) call and get permit, not worth getting arrested, harassed and/or seizure of equipment. I know people that got pegged big time, big fines and loss of machine in NY State parks..not worth it

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunted parks and schools in Cortland and never been bothered. Have fun and good hunting. Its about an hour from my house to Cortland.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry …. Is right never ask permission of a government agency to detect … That will just cause trouble for any one that detects in that area..You never want them to start thinking ..money for a permit … and the worse thing …You will start them thinking that maybe they should ban detecting in there parks…..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And i drive truck up to NY in the Buffalo , Rochester, Oswego , and finger lakes area.And when i have time i will detect parks or any place that looks good to me …AND i have never had a problem in 20 years ..AND i never asked permission … You people worry to much .. just go detect …...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
parks are for the lazy! haha
Well when you are in a semi truck and get 15 or 20 minutes at a time they are ok for fun … I am not a park hunter or school yard hunter … but when in the truck and i get some time i pull over and check them out … And at times when out in the truck i find some really out of the way spots .. that turn out to be pretty good for all the time i have..And ones that hunt parks are not lazy could be that is all they want to hunt and get enjoyment out of it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
streakert

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when you are in a semi truck and get 15 or 20 minutes at a time they are ok for fun … I am not a park hunter or school yard hunter … but when in the truck and i get some time i pull over and check them out … And at times when out in the truck i find some really out of the way spots .. that turn out to be pretty good for all the time i have..And ones that hunt parks are not lazy could be that is all they want to hunt and get enjoyment out of it..

I am with u on this I will only be there for a few hours and don't have time for anything else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions