Whats your favorite treasure related movie ? did it inspire you ?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
To many so no favorite really,but,one thats not mentioned yet is "No country for old men"

In rural Texas, welder and hunter Llewelyn Moss discovers the remains of several drug runners who have all killed each other in an exchange gone violently wrong. Rather than report the discovery to the police, Moss decides to simply take the two million dollars present for himself. This puts the psychopathic killer, Anton Chigurh, on his trail as he dispassionately murders nearly every rival, bystander and even employer in his pursuit of his quarry and the money. As Moss desperately attempts to keep one step ahead, the blood from this hunt begins to flow behind him with relentlessly growing intensity as Chigurh closes in. Meanwhile, the laconic Sherrif Ed Tom Bell blithely oversees the investigation even as he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me - and it may be dating me somewhat, but Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island. I've read the original a bunch of times, and seen nearly every movie adaptation there is.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Goonies, all of the Indiana Jones movies, National Treasure, National Treasure - Book Of Secrets, and several more I just can't think of the names right now.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Remember Its a Mad,Mad,Mad World. It was a cross country treasure hunt in cars, lol.

I have that movie. Found it in a consignment store and thought I've gotta have it. Lol

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanda Nevada with Peter Fonda and Brooke Shields. Everyone knows there ain't no gold in the Grand Canyon...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my wife's behalf she wanted me to add the movie, Romancing the Stone, to the list. It inspired so far a life long passion for digging and finding rocks and minerals and fossils.

Mike
Thats cool, I agree.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Mask of Zorro as it appears to be filmed on a reconstructed Spanish Mine, lots of sign in the movie if you like that stuff.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I liked Kelly's Heroes with Clint Eastwood. The Good Bad and the Ugly was another good one.

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Wayne's *Legend of the Lost* Good movie of treasure hunting features Sophia Loren.

Another John Wayne movie about treasure hunting was the *Wake of the Red Witch* features Gale Russell.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many so no favorite really,but,one thats not mentioned yet is "No country for old men"

In rural Texas, welder and hunter Llewelyn Moss discovers the remains of several drug runners who have all killed each other in an exchange gone violently wrong. Rather than report the discovery to the police, Moss decides to simply take the two million dollars present for himself. This puts the psychopathic killer, Anton Chigurh, on his trail as he dispassionately murders nearly every rival, bystander and even employer in his pursuit of his quarry and the money. As Moss desperately attempts to keep one step ahead, the blood from this hunt begins to flow behind him with relentlessly growing intensity as Chigurh closes in. Meanwhile, the laconic Sherrif Ed Tom Bell blithely oversees the investigation even as he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart.
Just watched that movie a couple of months ago...loved it...Anton is one badass .

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its considered clichéd and dated and third rate by many, but I loved "McKenna's Gold" when I was a kid and it helped light the treasure hunting fire in me for sure. Who am I kidding, I still love it!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Wayne's *Legend of the Lost* Good movie of treasure hunting features Sophia Loren.

Another John Wayne movie about treasure hunting was the *Wake of the Red Witch* features Gale Russell.
Is that the one where they are in the desert?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Another good one was "McKenna's Gold". Julie Newmar was hot as the indian babe.

troutbum

Sep 14, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An oldie, Treasure Island. Remember the song.:skullflag:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember Its a Mad,Mad,Mad World. It was a cross country treasure hunt in cars, lol.

LMAO at that movie every time I see it. You're not gonna see that much talent in one movie any more. Been so long since I had seen it, I had forgot about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions