Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
was wading thru the rusty iron and various metal junk from car parts to chunks of wire with a heavy dash of foil and roofing metal. my pouch was dragging from the weight, I had only a couple clad for the trouble and the pit bull on the chain just yards away was keeping a close eye on me. the mosquitoes were in full force and I could feel them on the back of my neck as I dug what I was sure was another rusty iron. sometimes it just seems hopeless in the iron and trash but somewhere in it is hidden a treasure, so many of you prove it constantly so I tell myself to take a short break elsewhere. later, while sorting out the real trash into a dumpster, I find that I had actually found a treasure, it was just so caked in the mud and dirt that I didn't realize it. My grandfather would tell me that "it was better than a stick in the eye", meaning that it could be worse, a lot worse, the stick in the eye was about a relative that was logging in the woods with mules and got into yellow jackets. the mules took off with Charlie right behind them trying to catch them when a limb popped back into his eye and destroying it. so sometimes we have to tell ourselves that we are having fun even though it may not seem like it. it is an attitude thing but that attitude does seem to perk up when something good is found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread