AT pro and garretts customer service

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT pro was acting funny after using it in fresh water. I have done this many times and never had an issue. For some reason water got into the LCD screen and the AT pro died. I called up Garrett and spoke to a woman who knew what she was taking about. I told her the problem I was having, she told be to send the control box back to them with the coil.

I sent it out on a Monday, they received that package on Wednesday and I got my AT pro back The following Monday. That’s one week turn around. I opened the box and they replaced the whole control unit and gave me a few extra parts. I have to say this is one of the best customer services I have ever dealt with.

I’m back in treasure hunting mode and love the AT-pro. I have used it now for a year and a half before I had the water issue. I have found many cool finds and could not be happier with the performance of the AT pro. Anyone thinking of purchasing a Garrett metal detector should not hesitate. There service and equipment are top notch. I don’t know why I had a water problem as I said I have used it under water many time without an issue. I was not deep at all but the control box was under water. Who knows what the problem was and if the unit wasn’t still under warranty I would have taken the front of the unit off to let it dry out and I’m sure it would have worked again. Since just before I sent it out I was able to get the power almost on. Drying it out most likely would have worked but my mess with something under warranty. :thumbsup:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope i have a good experience with them i sent in my propointer last week.Iam waiting to see if their cs is as good as people say it is.Glad things worked out for you.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago I had a problem with mine acting very erratic, I assumed it was the coil (I had been to the beach, salt water in the coil) and called customer service. The lady there agreed and sent me a new coil, had it in about 2 days and they didn't even ask me to send the other back! Works like a champ!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that they have folks that periodically monitor sites such as these and can plainly see that a little bit of free minor repairs leads to more $$$$ for them! I bought an AT PRO and it was mainly because of their reputation and also after reading posts such as this one. I bought many more Garrett items and will continue because of their commitment to the customer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread