***ALL TOGETHER NOW***i WAS LOOKING THRU MY

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was looking thru my GPAA mag. and spotted an ad for a fold up detector. It claims to be 15" long folded up. It's kind of a teaser ad with little info. I checked on Amazon and sure enough they had 2 left. It appears Mine Lab has managed to get all of a detectors components into one piece. At over 3 grand it must be their new top of the line. It joins the fold up competition with the ATX by Garrett. One big goof I see for a starter is it doesn't use Li batteries and it does look heavy on the arm. Anyone got one yet? Frank five star.png

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing any other pulse induction machine can't do. Just really compact and "portable".

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Where have you been that you are just now seeing the new Minelab SDC 2300? Minelab SDC 2300 Gold Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors
Hay Terry, thanks for the link.
I watched it but can't hear the audio. Did they give the weight. It isn't shown there or Amazon.
By the way, Amazon is 1 grand cheaper.
I think the shaft might be a tad to short. The guy in the demo was always bending over while using it.

Not looking at minelab I guess. lol
Frank five star.png

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab even sells a specific backpack for it.
Seems to be a strange design to me, but for a person that hikes to gold fields it would be ideal.
I've viewed at least 5 vids on the 2300. None have shown how well it discovers small gold?
We all remember when the CTX 3030 was introduced and the initial problems. Think I'll wait a year or so to give the 2300 a test. ;)
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread