grid searching

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi David! Welcome to TNet!!

I guess there are many ways to accomplish this depending on how much stuff you want the drag around with you. If you have a super hot spot that is yielding lots of keepers, it's a good idea to grid search from at least two different directions to get the most complete coverage.

Some carry little flags with them. Golf tees and kite string work well.

I usually just find 6 or 8 sticks from the site and make two rows pressing them in the ground like flags. Then, move one row over at the end of each sweep pattern, searching between the two rows.

In sandy areas or in the woodchips, I simply draw lines in the dirt as I am detecting every ten feet or so to mark out the rows.

Best of luck out there!

Smiles!
BDoo

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Boobydoo said:
Hi David! Welcome to TNet!!

I guess there are many ways to accomplish this depending on how much stuff you want the drag around with you. If you have a super hot spot that is yielding lots of keepers, it's a good idea to grid search from at least two different directions to get the most complete coverage.

Some carry little flags with them. Golf tees and kite string work well.

I usually just find 6 or 8 sticks from the site and make two rows pressing them in the ground like flags. Then, move one row over at the end of each sweep pattern, searching between the two rows.

In sandy areas or in the woodchips, I simply draw lines in the dirt as I am detecting every ten feet or so to mark out the rows.

Best of luck out there!

Smiles!
BDoo

I think that maybe if you use a grid type pattern you will stand a better chance of finding something. And not going over a place you went over again and again and again etc. etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread