Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dropped in to see my old pal Bill in Gold-N-Detectors in Golden Colo yesterday. Cardboard cutout of TODD HOFFMAN bragging about the gold pan he uses. If you've ever seen Todd panning you will notice he can't do it. Guess he's trying to get as much money reserves before his show tanks. Todd Hoffman and Gold do not equate. He made it appear that anyone could make a living gold prospecting. Geez...........
BB

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Todd Hoffman. Ptooey!

These shows like Yukon Gold, Gold Rush, and Bering Sea Gold that causes a "gold rush" frenzy with people. Some people have more money than brains, and they flood these areas looking for gold and excitement. All they do is muddy things up for the people who are there already trying to make a living. Some things are best left alone and out of the public eye in my opinion. We dont need reality shows about every danged subject know to Man. Next they'll have a show about people who do scrapping. Wait and see. Hey what the heck maybe they already do.

*sigh* Thanks I feel better now. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if Todd uses it, it's the wrong Type :laughing7: he has proven that

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd Hoffman. Ptooey!

These shows like Yukon Gold, Gold Rush, and Bering Sea Gold that causes a "gold rush" frenzy with people. Some people have more money than brains, and they flood these areas looking for gold and excitement. All they do is muddy things up for the people who are there already trying to make a living. Some things are best left alone and out of the public eye in my opinion. We dont need reality shows about every danged subject know to Man. Next they'll have a show about people who do scrapping. Wait and see. Hey what the heck maybe they already do.

*sigh* Thanks I feel better now. :laughing7:

Then followed quickly by "Cajun Scrappers", "Amish Scrappers", and "Swamp Scrappers"...Then ultimately on "TruTV": "Extreme Cajun Amish Swamp Scrappers of Orange County"

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im pretty sure there was a show on spike called scrappers

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you mean a real company thought having turd for a spokesman was a good idea?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TV Network is probably behind it. When you sign the talent agreement, they tie you up for 7 years from the date of signing. If you have a current business that makes more money because of your being on a show on their network, you promise to give them 10% of the amount you made over what you used to make before being on TV. If you start a business based on your popularity on their TV Network, they will get about 50%.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread