Went prospecting today

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
So I get some time to get way and decide to go up and try out detecting the burned areas near Placerville. I drove up there, but could never find the burn. I would think that a burn that big should be easy to find. After a lot of driving and asking for directions from the local store clerk, I decided to try some other roads instead. I am driving down this old dirt road and notice a dry creek following alongside the road. Then I start seeing bedrock sticking up, so I pulled over and got out the bucket. Walked down about 15 feet from the road and just started moving rocks on the uphill side of the bedrock. I simply picked up the dirt with my hand and threw it in the bucket. A vacuum would have worked much better. Anyhow, didn't classify it, just threw it all in the bucket big and small rocks. I got about a 1/4 bucket of un classified material and drove home. After I got home, I cleaned the stuff up to fines, and darned if there were about 6 nice specks of gold in there!! Bigger than my usual fly **** I normally get. Damn, not bad for a couple of hand fulls of dirt. Going to get my vacuum and go back up. No fences or signs anywhere to be seen. No idea if this is private property or not. I guess I'll find out.:icon_thumleft:

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like maybe you should go back to that spot. best of luck.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds promising! Nice!

OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I worked on getting the 12 Volt vac set up going to go back this weekend I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions