Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that would explain why it's so hard to find cellar holes!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me that we detectorists need to bribe the logger in charge of filling cellar holes and wells. We might get a shot at detecting 'em before filled in!? ;)
Peace

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well , if this is true , then look at it this way: That dirt it's going to take to fill in that hole has to come from somewhere , right ? So what they'll do is probably just scrape with a dozer from all around the periphery . Then that becomes the perfect hunt conditions that bring deep targets into range there. ;)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
In order for a logging company to be insured ... the insurance companies have the logging companies fill in all cellar hole, wells etc. that they find out there while logging or be dropped from their insurance plan.

WTF
That sounds like a good idea to me…keeps them safe and any one else out there..Wondering around..

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order for a logging company to be insured ... the insurance companies have the logging companies fill in all cellar hole, wells etc. that they find out there while logging or be dropped from their insurance plan.

WTF

Thankfully, most loggers are not interested in doing more work than is necessary, and know full well that insurance companies do not send teams of crack investigators into the deep woods to check for cellar holes.

(plus I would bet that most cellar holes worth investigating probably qualify as "filled" already).

OP
OP
M

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankfully, most loggers are not interested in doing more work than is necessary, and know full well that insurance companies do not send teams of crack investigators into the deep woods to check for cellar holes.

(plus I would bet that most cellar holes worth investigating probably qualify as "filled" already).

This is the mind set that am banking on.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

.. OH they check yes they do … Don't fool your self..I do not belong to to many sites Tnet here and a few others and one is the aboristsite forum For i haul a lot of trees i might be 74 but i still enjoy hauling trees part time in the summer months up north here .. You do not have to fill the holes but if you get caught you will pay the price ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.. OH they check yes they do … Don't fool your self..I do not belong to to many sites Tnet here and a few others and one is the aboristsite forum For i haul a lot of trees i might be 74 but i still enjoy hauling trees part time in the summer months up north here .. You do not have to fill the holes but if you get caught you will pay the price ..

Well there you have it ... Comfermation once again.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work for a very large forest products company and have never heard of such a thing...

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread