4 stamp , stamp mill

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
i guess i depends on how bad someone whats one ,actually i kind of thank it would look pretty cool in the front yard except that i rent and i don,t think the landlord would appreciate me putting it there. but if you saw this thing you,ed have to say how in the hell did that get there..theres no roads to it .your just climbing a step hill and all of a sudden there it is .

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were they milling? Gold? Probably worth MDing the area for relics at the least.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, Detect around the base of the stamps When ore is being crushed/ broken some flies out at high velocity. since they are processing the hi-grade, it could b very nice indeed.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
pretty good idea about M Ding for gold ,it,s so hard to get to im sure it has,nt been hit yet,

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to big ore and wire gold pictures from ya! LOL. HH.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow sounds like a great place to check for some decent gold ;)

Give it a try and let us know.

God bless
Peter

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area of the country are you in? If it has a lot of tourist interest, maybe one of those roadside panning operations needs a stamp mill for display. Doubt it's in working condition (or even close). Good luck, and send us a photo of it if you go back.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, what a find! :o Like Jose said, there should be gold everywhere around that thing.

Also, if you clean it up and figure out what mine it was from, it could be worth something to the local historical society.

Please post pictures!

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
djui5 the whole area has a lot of hidden stuff if i remember right i thank theres a smelter hidden behind a couple of hills pretty close to the stamp mill also theres an old hard rock mine way back in there. it,s not to hard to get to but not a lot of people know about it. when i was younger one of the things me and my friends would do was explore old mines (very dumb and dangers ) it,s amazing what you can find if your willing to get off the betten path.also theres miles of aquaducts that the miners would dig the ditches to bring water to there clams. every so offten thy,ed have a small cabin where someone would stay and would keep the aquaducts clear. anyway i know where used to be one of the cabins the cabins gone but i doubt the place has ever been M D , also i noticed your aviator is that a mixing bored your in front of , i used to do sound years ago . mostly concerts in the park stuff. of coarse every thing was analog back then i would,nt know the first thing about digital. but it was a lot of fun .

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, what an amazing site to uncover. Sounds like a giant playground :o

Yeah, that's a big console. It's an SSL 9000J with surround upgrades. 80 ch inline. They're quite an incredible piece of machinery. I think that one cost $850,000 new, maybe closer to a million, don't remember. It was in the now defunct Transcontinential Studios owned by Lou Pearlman. His assets have been seized by the FBI...haha.

Digital is ok, but there is that sound problem, you know. Some people are still recording to tape and dumping into a computer for editing. It works.

That being said I've done some killer mixes entirely inside a computer. They've come a long way in the last 5 years. If you'd like to hear one, send me a PM.

It's a damn shame though, because the music industry is crashing right now for the most part. I'm getting out of it to see about a career as a Mining Engineer.

Here are a couple more pictures of the same model console, but in a different studio. It's quite involved:

dsc02934lk7.jpg

dsc02936mw1.jpg

dsc02953gv7.jpg

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
djui5 i was really lucky i grew up on 5 acers but if i drove 2 miles i could go down a road that most people did,nt even know about, anyway this road opened up in to thousands of acers of BLM land and miles of trails i spent 90% of my time down there when i was,nt in school, a lot of time i would get home from school jump on my old dirt bike drive to the outback to find a place i liked. through out my bedroll build a fire and spend the night. and get up and go to school right from there. it was a pretty cool way to grew up. by the way sweet looking broads i hav,nt done any sound in over 15 years but one of these day ide like to put together a small studio mostly to work with local bands and youth mostly just for fun. we have some really good bands up hear even thou most of it is,nt exactly my favorite music (country,old rock) theres a lot of good high vibe reggae rock around hear. some time i like the music just because of the way it,s put together and crafted. one of my main hobby's is i collect records ,i,ve got about 600 hundred records of all types of music i just like good music no mater what kind it is .

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jose,
This one takes plastic ;D

Duke,
Sounds like a blast to me! I love the outdoors. When you get ready to set up a studio let me know, I'll help ya out with the gear list. I usually stay pretty current with those types of things.
600 albums is a lot of vinyl :) One of these days I'm gonna get a record player and buy some vinyl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread