Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the beginning of the end. My favorite beer, Pabst Blue Ribbon, has just been sold to a Russian company. What do I drink now? The noose is tightening on us Americans. I'm still reeling from the sale of one of my favorite bourbons, Makers Mark, to the Japanese. Will we ever get back to the solid country we once cherished? Will America fall into obscurity? :BangHead:

I think Budweiser should buy Sapporo, and Jack Daniels should buy Stolichnaya. :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, I agree..... Let's not get political here. We of this nation have issues you and I cannot control.

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. No politics. Just beer. Now I need to find a new brand I guess. :dontknow:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well better russia than china.If it were brewed in china you would most likely end up with isopropyl alcohol and formaldehyde.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I really got to liking specialty beers. But if I'm drinking commercial, it's Sam Adams.

Flavor, not bubbly gut stuff!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I really got to liking specialty beers. But if I'm drinking commercial, it's Sam Adams.

Flavor, not bubbly gut stuff!

I will append this by saying that about 20 years ago I got into brewing my own. I'd throw in fruit, whatever experimentally. Got my proof up to about 19%. My stepfather drove up from Virginia to visit me in Ohio. When I went to work that morning, I had six of my own brews left in the fridge. When I got home, the beers were gone. I walked out to my deck and my stepfather was up in the corner of the railing, passed out with drool hanging from his mouth to the deck. He was a drinking man and thought this was just beer.... Mistake on his part....

I quit in '95 when I just couldn't get my brewery equipment sterilized enough to keep bottles from exploding in my basement.

For any beer man here, I just have to recommend brewing your own. After you do that and get your recipes going, you'll never go back to bubblygut cheap beer.

Period!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PBR is cesspool runoff

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the beginning of the end. My favorite beer, Pabst Blue Ribbon, has just been sold to a Russian company. What do I drink now? The noose is tightening on us Americans. I'm still reeling from the sale of one of my favorite bourbons, Makers Mark, to the Japanese. Will we ever get back to the solid country we once cherished? Will America fall into obscurity? :BangHead:

I think Budweiser should buy Sapporo, and Jack Daniels should buy Stolichnaya. :laughing7:
More bad news, sorry...Budweiser is no longer American owned.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was surprised back in the 70's on a backpacking trip out west to find many drooled over stroh's. I wouldn't wash my car with stroh's

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was surprised back in the 70's on a backpacking trip out west to find many drooled over stroh's. I wouldn't wash my car with stroh's

Never could get to the Strohs game, just couldn't get there...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Coor's, love that south Platte river water.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In my good ol days dredging on the Feather, although we could afford more expensive beer- Brown Derby was our choice. $1.69 a 12 pack. Same as Lucky Lager. All put out by Pearl Breweries. Had puzzles in the caps and real glass bottles

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado Kool-Aid is a nick name for Coors, There was a song called Colorado Kool-Aid by I think Johnny Paycheck. I like PBR I buy it by the 30 pack cheaply here in Maryland. I even get 30 Packs of Genesse Cream Ale another old time beer. I can get Blatz Beer when I visit relatives in Ohio. A beer I use to get near Pittsburgh was called Augustiners, or Augustine may by Iron City Brewing Company, but it was discontinued and no longer made a few years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread