old bullet/ball ID issue..

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just stumbled upon some knowledge of Air Rifle big bore rounds and there shocking similarities to much older rounds..just thought people should know
Big bore rounds..
Bigbore_pellets.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The largest caliber air rifle I seen was .72 caliber,I believe it shot a 900 grain slug.The big bores can fire regular bullets(sold for reloaders),mini balls,plus round balls.I thought at one time of getting one,but theyre a little pricey.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I thought my matador .22 was pricey, these things are ridiculous. Why not just buy a regular gun? On top of that these things are huge.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I thought my matador .22 was pricey, these things are ridiculous. Why not just buy a regular gun? On top of that these things are huge.

One advantage is theyre fairly quiet,the main advantage is,no permit of any kind needed.Here in Mass. airguns are considered none firearms(by some unbelievable miracle),even bigbore airguns though they could drop a man at 100 yards or more.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt only drawback is the follow up shot if needed usually these guns dump their load after one shot. I'll stick with my Weatherby .308 vanguard with my pistol grip composite stock..I have taken deer at 225 yards (perfect conditions) and dropped him like a stone.
Buy these guns do perk my interests

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres a few bigbore airguns that have repeat shots,I would have to look them up though.I'm pretty sure one of them has a rotary magazine hold 4 or 5 rounds and the air tank is good for the same.I think its the Benjamin .357,not sure though.I find them pretty interesting also.The only part that would suck is repairs in the field during a SHTF scenario,not to mention hand pumping it up,100 pumps for the Benjamin .357 to fill the tank.Then again last ditch defense it would beat throwing rocks.I think it would come in handy to save your ammo getting meat quietly,and maybe knocking over a thing or two that you have to bypass quietly.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My AR cost about twice as much as the one i want.
Dragon Claw Dual Tank Air Rifle - Air Rifle Product Finder

I have fired one and while not quiet they also do not sound like a regular gun.

There is also no flash at night.

Since i do not dive any more i have 2 3000 psi diving tanks to use to refill the air rifle.

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Benjamin rogue .357 is the worlds most power full air gun I believe. Plenty of youtube videos on the gun, not to sure if I would be wanting to hunt big game with a air rifle though.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions