OP
DiggityDiggity

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get to excited , I said medallion cause I couldn't think of the right word... Lol. I meant rossette.

Thanks, you totally killed my excitement now that I know it's just a rosette... :p Kidding aside, that's an awesome find. I like the clean-up job you did on it too. That patina is purdeh.

One thing I have forgot to mention about the annoyances of detecting old foundations in the woods, and maybe you guys will agree...

ROOTS MAN..

ROOTS.

fkin ROOTSSSSS.

I always seem to find a good high signal that's directly over-top a root system. Not an inch or two to the side, no no, its always gotta be DIRECTLY over a root. After throwing on the surgical mask and scalpel, and performing what seems to be an hours long operation, it turns out to be a bottle cap or some corroded piece of iron that fools me into thinking its yummy silver. I would lie if I told you I don't cry inside when I encounter a root.

Let's have a moment of silence for all the lost time in digging into, around, and through a root system.

sdfsfsff.jpg

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
Aaaahhhh yes, friggen roots. For me chances are 11 out of 10 that's it's gonna be a piece of crap, so if it's too big or too many, I say forget it :/ Ifs it's extra promising though, I will pour water in, make it muddy and just dig in with my hands.
Another complaint ... Hard crappy soil, that's in somebody's yard. You got to make the hole not that noticeable .. But your under maple trees that make the soil all hard n dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions