Why buy old detectors?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask them..... not sure?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parts maybe for a all around detector repair Business. Or personal Project

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like anything else from matchbooks, to stamps and coins - people collect them. I know one guy with over 150 different machines from the 1940s through today.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Don't know, but I was out on my job several years ago around 2008-2009 and a guy had an old White's Goldmaster 66TR detector for sale. :metaldetector: It came with the original White's hard case, manual, extra coil, and even charging pack for batteries. No corrosion in the battery compartment either :occasion14:. He had just bought a new machine and said it was time to let the old machine go. He had it since new which was the 1970's. I ended up buying it for $20. Anyways, after hunting with it for about two years, I sold it on Ebay for $180 + shipping. That is no joke. Wish I had about 5 more to sale. :laughing7:

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He might want them as a investment to re-sell years down the road, anticipating old detectors being a hot item on the collectors market. When people get older they want to buy a part of their past back, we see that with cars and toys. I have saw in post on T-net veteran detectorist raving about how good a certain brand and model was 30 + years ago, they might want to get them back to add to their arsenal of Treasure Hunting equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread