What would you do?

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently moved back to Chicago and to keep busy while researching gold panning areas I have been putting in 2 to 3 hours a day metal detecting my local area. I have been finding mega clad, up to 10 bucks a search but no golden rings. I have gotten some deep signals but have only been digging the under 5 inch signals with my screw driver to not attract attention. In the last 5 hunts I have found over $50 in clad but no silver or rings. Should I chance taking my shovel out and attracting peoples attention or just leave those 6 to 10 inch signals lay?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Depends on where you're hunting I would imagine. If it were me I would dig up those deep signals but maybe wait until a good rain and the plug you dig may not fall apart so easily.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! you moved from Mansfield to Chi town?..lol..thats a huge culture diffference.

I know there are alot of people on here in the Chicago areas finding goodies...Might be worth trying to meet up with one of them one day

Good Luck man!

OP
OP
fishnfacts

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, my contract was up and the wife hated the heat so we packed up again and headed back north. 5 moves in seven years, it's getting old and so am I so I am thinking retirement and just gold prospecting and MD'ing.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, my contract was up and the wife hated the heat so we packed up again and headed back north. 5 moves in seven years, it's getting old and so am I so I am thinking retirement and just gold prospecting and MD'ing.

Well....I see its offical, you have changed your location now..lol

Sorry to hear thou, I totally understand you about the heat...Im from South Florida, so im used to heat...just not he 110 temps..lol

OP
OP
fishnfacts

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say there is more gold up here. Found some nice spots on the Llano but nothing to heavy. Hopefully I will find a little on the Rock this weekend coming up. Planning on doing some primitive camping and drinking, I mean panning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions