Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
West By Gawd Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Treasure Netters...

Fast question for those more experienced than I...

Private property: when you get permission are you, stopping cold at a stranger's house and asking permission to search the abandoned (fill in the blank)? Is it a case of getting permission because you ask your coworker because it is his neighbor's brother's sister-in-law's land? Simply post a request on a FB community group? Just curious as to what the MD community does?

Also, how about "public" lands that are posted No Trespassing? I got two old schools in town that are vacants but posted.

BTW, i've been lurking several weeks and wanted to take opportunity to thank those posters who shared their settings for the BH T IV. Its made a huge improvement in my ventures.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
For the part of your question that deals with public land : When you see such signs posted at innocuous school yards , I'm of the opinion that they are so no one can slip on a banana peel and sue them . Or to keep perverts away from school kids , etc....

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have never tried the door knocking route, but from seeing post in the past by others that have did it, they left great tips. Go alone not in a group, dont be knocking on doors at dinner time or if it looks like they have company. I would guess dress in a way you are not scary looking, lol. If I ever do try the door knocking route myself, I would take my small box of assorted metal detecting finds with me to try and get their interest on what is possible of items to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread