Kellyco lied..

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry this happened to you, Mike. I really don't trust anyone for 'on the phone' sales. I've had much better dealings 'online'. If you watch the small, fine print and the ratings of the sellers, you stand a much better chance of getting a decent deal. I've been buying online for about 12, maybe 14 years. I've only had a couple of deals that I thought were not up to par; but these were purchases below $10. Also, I never 'make a deal' without knowing the 'bottom line', the 'final' price before I agree to a purchase. I usually go through Pay Pal. That way I know the final price before I 'click' the button to buy the item.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try contacting Gene : [email protected]

He'll take care of you , I have never had a problem with KellyCo taking care of any problems I have had to date

Good Luck ~

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mike, I doubt it was intentional...

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike did you call Kellyco back?

I just talked to Gene Knight, he is on the road and has no Internet at moment. He will respond when he gets Internet service and will look at issue and take care of it....

Gene has posted his email address multiple times stating if someone has an issue feel free to contact him.

Kellyco does care about customer care, but like anything else sometimes something happens...

Last edited:

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BC1969, sorry to hear you had that experience. I'm Chris and a KELLYCO rep. Please email my boss Gene Knight informing him about your experience (if possible include the sales order or SO number) at [email protected] and he'll get you squared away.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bird emoticon comment is uncalled for..

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well being told free shipping on the phone, then emailing customer service and being told had you read our shipping policy you would have known its only free shipping on detectors..actually that's uncalled for..well I would have but I didn't have internet access when I called.
but that's OK, I'm not wanting or expecting to be taken care of, do it right the first time, no issues.
but I wanted to vent about it so I did.

Mike

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think they are doing anything intentional, but I do think they are disorganized sometimes. About 2 weeks ago I went online to order a new detector valued over $500 bucks and was under the impression there was free shipping. Well, when I got to the checkout I noticed I had options for shipping and none of them were free. I did not place the order and emailed them to inform them of this problem. About a week later I received a response basically stating that sometimes these things happen. Well, for a business that appears to move quite a bit of product I would think they would have their advertised "selling points", like shipping, correct at least.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for a fortune 500 company, we have same problem, things happen...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well being told free shipping on the phone, then emailing customer service and being told had you read our shipping policy you would have known its only free shipping on detectors..actually that's uncalled for..well I would have but I didn't have internet access when I called.
but that's OK, I'm not wanting or expecting to be taken care of, do it right the first time, no issues.
but I wanted to vent about it so I did.

Mike
So for a $15 mistake that can be easily taken care of you want to turn a small issue easily corrected into major stress in your life. Not healthy for you or anyone. Don't sweat the small things in life Mike, it isn't worth the damage to your health..

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks, I want to assure you of the following...I'm going to be on this this forum a minimum five days a week, probably every few hours checking to see if there are any situations that need to be resolved. All of us here at KELLYCO are here to help.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard Chris ... :occasion14:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Folks, I want to assure you of the following...I'm going to be on this this forum a minimum five days a week, probably every few hours checking to see if there are any situations that need to be resolved. All of us here at KELLYCO are here to help.

Welcome!! I may be in the market for a gold detector in the future

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much! I started detecting in 2012 and have had dirt under my fingernails ever since. Gene is probably going to kill me for jumping the gun on this one but I'd rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. ;) Anyways, I'm the noob here at the company so I'm not even in the sales system yet so feel free to reach out to any of my coworkers here for sales and service. Once I'm up and running you better believe I'll be on those phones, forums and kellyco web chat to help you all out. I'll give everybody a heads up when I'm in the sales system. For now and in the future, consider me your friendly expert!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not stressed about it in the least TH, the money doesn't matter, I'm just a firm believer in doing it right the first time. if I've learned anything in life its first impressions count. I'm sure kellyco will make it right, I've been in the hobby long enough to know they are good folks.
but I've no problem paying the shipping, just saying I would have bought it elsewhere since it was cheaper. only 9 bucks but that's 3 battery changes in my cz lol...or one small coffee at Starbucks..outrageous lol.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Chris isn't here Gene's email is and I am always happy to help anyone; I have contacts in Minelab, my hunting partner set up the Minelab repair center at Kellyco and I can also contact Gene if needed..

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
don't mess up the first time...no situations to fix then!
want to fix the situation ? price match the competitors price I found online a hour ago.
not a sponsor here so I can't put the link here, but if kellyco wants to send me a pm, I'll retract my displeasure, and thumbsup for fixing it. or just let it be, matters not really, I just want my coil.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't mess up the first time...no situations to fix then!
want to fix the situation ? price match the competitors price I found online a hour ago.
not a sponsor here so I can't put the link here, but if kellyco wants to send me a pm, I'll retract my displeasure, and thumbsup for fixing it. or just let it be, matters not really, I just want my coil.

Mike

Be realistic Mike, like I said I work for a fortune 500 company, in fact low 400s, things happen, what is important is how it is resolved..... Doesn't matter who the vendor is....

Show me any business that has never had customer issues....

Last edited:
OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
price matching isn't realistic ? or flawless CS ? and curious why are you speaking for kellyco, I didn't know you had a relationship with them.
my wife and I have been in business almost 4 years now, not a single complaint or issue.... yet...it IS possible, maybe not for a large corporation, but a small company, it can be done.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread