Sourcing detector in Middle East, or small one to ship...

sirlordcomic

Oct 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

1. Expat in Saudi here, and I'm interested in getting a detector into the Kingdom mainly to play around with my kids, but also do some exploring. Friends go out to Rub A'Khali each Winter and find amazing things with just their eyes.

I have read here that Bahraini customs seizes these at times, but maybe I could ship a smaller portable, but well-designed unit in via ARAMEX (but these may be on their prohibited items list).

I looked up a distributor in UAE, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

2. Just getting started researching detectors, but I gather the ones with visual displays can help you discern what is just junk? Save time?

Any thoughts?

thanks!
SLC

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some old Rommel treasure huh?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sirlord some detectors you dont need a visual display to tell if it is junk or not, you can tell by the audio tone if the target is good or not. Both audio and visual display can be fooled though, its best to dig all targets to be sure.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a few dealers. One in Mobark complex, Frwanya City (might be Firwanya, can't read my own writing) and KSA Detectors, Tabuk. They do tend to try to sell high end gold machines but see what else they have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread