Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

hu
    Apr 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tejon
    3 times

Question on selling gold

Let's just say I was out panning, nugget hunting, etc. and have some gold, how does one go about selling it? I am not talking about any gold that has already been smelted or coined, just as raw as nature made it

Thanks,

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Question on selling gold

Depends on what natural form it's in.usually natural gold in the form of nuggets,especially larger ones generally sells for much more than spot price.I'd use a respectible precious metals refiner such as midstate recycling or Kitco for dust and small mesh nuggets.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

May 2006
    Mesa, AZ
    11 times

You can sell it here, in the classifieds forum. I have some up for sale there. Also try the prospecting/mining forums in your area. I've sold a lot of gold that way. If you join a prospecting club you can see if other members would be interested. If you have a really large collection ($100,000 worth or more) there are people who will buy the entire collection.
    E-bay is a good place too, as is gold-bay
    Sincerely,
    Randy Wright
    Mix Engineer

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1929 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I would not sell gold to Kitco!!!!!!!!! I use http://www.midwestrefineries.com/ They offer 94% of spot price.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Sponsors