Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see now....The learning curve had me wearing steel toes, checking finds under the coil wearing a watch, looking down while wearing a hat and nailing my head on the end of a kids playground 2x4, having my hat/glasses/headphones yanked off by branches, digging in my sweaty ears with grubby fingers and getting an ear infection etc. Ya, I had a few rough patches along the way. :laughing7:

Yep, the detecting life can be a long rough journey with rewards along the way! :occasion14:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done it. Even posted on here to a few years back. It does kinda make you feel dumb but you're not alone. Besides you can say you found a nice pair of steel toed boots with your detector.
HH
John

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just over three years detecting now. Just over a hundred hour I'm thinking and haven't joined this group yet.
But I feel I'm in an even more exclusive! Last year, probably two hours in on a three day visit to Natchez La.
4 hours from home, I learned rolling down a ravine, the AT Pro shaft wont break your fall!! Friends friend had a broomstick and hacksaw. Twenty mins later I was scouring the land with the others. Not styling though but worked well.
Returned and ordered another shaft from Garrett. A few days later and under $20.

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stupid moment was when I went detecting, and left my detector at home .

Was a sinking feeling when I opened the boot if my car lol

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of you probably aren't old enough to have carried a pile of hot rocks back to the truck knowing you've found the motherlode, only to find out they were only Leaverites.......... Then came detectors with discrimination!!

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the detecting life can be a long rough journey with rewards along the way! :occasion14:

I love the hobby so much that I actually go into a mild withdrawal when the ground freezes, I kid you not, lol. Oh, I forgot to mention that I urinated all over myself on a cold blowing spring day in a field. I was wearing two pant layers and apparently my ''short'' comings weren't quite free to do its thing. :laughing7: But as you said, we do reap rewards. That same day I dug up a large silver fur trade broach from the late 1700's.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Funny that you mentioned that. I've looked back more than once to check if it was there, on the way out of town. :laughing7:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Drove 9 miles to park and camp ground, discovered I left my batteries at home. But in my bag of stuff, as a back up I had the adapter for regular batteries. It was late fall, and I was in the camp ground all by myself, ready for a great day. No big deal, I could salvage the day, and drove a couple of miles to a small store, purchased really expensive batteries, drove back to the camp, and the gate was locked, they closed it for the season. If I'd had my batteries to begin with, I don't know if they would have let me stay when they closed the park, but I was hot anyhow. I just went home, didn't hunt at all that day, and was a very grumpy old man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread