Metal Detecting around the DFW area. Any tips?

Zachm

Aug 21, 2014
Flower Mound Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello my name is Zach M. And I just recently got into metal detecting about 2 months ago. I live in the Flower Mound/Lewisville area and I have researched tons of places around the area. Ive gone to places like Denton, Grapevine and Lewisville havent found much of anything. The best i have found so far is just a few wheats in flower mound, never found a silver. I know there are places you can go to like Dallas that have tons of old parks, but I know most of the parks there are hunted hard and it doesnt seem very safe around there. Just wondering if there is anybody that has any tips or anything about detecting in the Dfw area or any other tips about detecting in general. Thanks

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zach, you should try and join one of the local detecting clubs. Lots of people to give you ideas where to hunt. If you can get a list of demolition permits from your city, you might find some good sites where buildings were torn down.

Lake Lewisville has some good jewelry finds, and I'd think those old houses in Grapevine would hold some silver.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not from Tx, can't help.
But welcome! You'll enjoy this site. Much info here.
Peace

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the time being I'd steer clear of any hospitals!! LOL ! Can you say "ebola"??/

Wade

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad thing in this area is, All the goods are in the ghetto...But you can check out some areas in Coppell, I work up there and now a couple old spots are just fields now, but used to be homes...I havent detected it yet, mainly because when I get off work, i want to get the hell out of there..lol

PM me

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Like Diggin said its a different ballgame now than it was in the glory days of this hobby. If you cant
get on the old parts of town you have to settle for crumbs. The clubs have the safety of numbers.
Try to hook up with the nearest metal detecting club and learn from the veterans.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to get creative. Town can feel sucked dry at times. If you hunt parks get away from the common areas that have been hunted out, or sift through all the trash. Tot lots have been sucked dry lately. Try White Rock Lake. Big park . Don't get discouraged. Also try your local High School. Kids wear lots of bling now a days . What kind of rig are you using ?

OP
OP
Z

Zachm

Aug 21, 2014
Flower Mound Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to get with a club but i dont know how to actually join one. Is there some official way you join a club or do you just start showing up to meetings? It would be fun to go on a group hunt somewhere that might yield alot of good finds even though it is in a trashy part of town. I wouldnt go to places like that alone though, I hang around some of the towns outside of Dallas.

ironcat4

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Lakes in the area are all pretty much down anywhere from 6-12 feet low. Hit the boat ramps and swim areas. Have to stay off corps of engineer lakes they are pretty much shut down from detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions