C

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well got the damn pennies counted again. 760 of them. ha ha.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Never turn love away. My dog,a 60# pit bull, comes up behind my chair when I am on the computer and puts his paws on my shoulders and licks my ear.
I turn around and give him a good itching job. There are some things that are more important than others. Just a thought. Frank five star.png
Blue 1212-1.jpg Blue

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But, I don't like Chinese. I do not hate cats, just don't care much for them. They are not 'my thing'. I like dogs. We have 2 cats here in the house. I pet them, scratch them, feed them; but I don't really 'like' them. Let's just say that I tolerate them. No, I won't allow them on the kitchen counters, the table, etc. I also don't allow the 2 dogs on them either! lol

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, I don't like Chinese. I do not hate cats, just don't care much for them. They are not 'my thing'. I like dogs. We have 2 cats here in the house. I pet them, scratch them, feed them; but I don't really 'like' them. Let's just say that I tolerate them. No, I won't allow them on the kitchen counters, the table, etc. I also don't allow the 2 dogs on them either! lol

Guess what, the cats don't like you either. They don't like anybody...unless food is involved.

The Egyptians considered cats to be sacred...the cats haven't forgotten

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I think it's just a matter of bonding. Some people never bond with animals. It's more a tridition in my family. Hay, my son's pets have included: a horny toad, a scorpion, a taranshila, 2 ferrits, all kinds of tropical fish, and many dogs. We have had many house cats in the past, but only feed four driftins outside now. We presently have 1 American bull dog and 2 pit bulls. Just some thoughts.
Frank five star.png
Blue 1212.jpg Hay, I'm top dog here!

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I replied LOL, because I thought the post was humerous, not because I hate cats or anything. I wouldn't have a cat, except to keep one outside to keep the mouse and chipmunk population down. Unfortunately I like birds, and cats eat a lot of birds, so no cats allowed.

I love animals in general and have had many dogs throughout my life. Wouldn't have a Pit Bull around. Just don't care for them, too much stigma and wouldn't trust them around the grandkids, but that's just me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have five cats and one we call "gravity cat". His real assigned name is "Mooch" (not sure what he calls himself), but we later found that he is fascinated by gravity and will sit beside objects and eventually just give them a push to observe the effects that gravity has upon them.

The dog, of course, finds this fascinating.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob in KS, yes, these cats really love, love me!!! I'm the one that feeds them every morning!! lol The male is very aloof, but the female will drop in front of me wanting my to rub her belly. I've almost stepped on her several times. I really get some laughs from both of them.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had all my pennies on the counter stacked up then the cat had to jump up and guess what happened next. Splat !!!
Kitty !!! Nooooooo. Of course there were hundreds of pennies. Oh well. ha ha ha

It is kitty's counter. Not yours and the pennies do not belong there. Kitty was just letting you know...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Charlie P., the male cat here in the house has about the same attitude. He will push items off the mantle, shelves, tables, etc., especially if he is unhappy. He pushed a 500 Gb external hard drive off a little table in the living room some months ago. It happened to hit the wrong way, even though it landed on carpet. Totaled it. I called a couple of places and got an estimate of near $200 to try to salvage the contents, but was told that it was doubtful it could be done. I had a lot of music files and pictures on it. I had spent a lot of hours recording over 200 audio tapes onto my hard drive and scanning all of the family pictures of both sides of the family from back in the early 1900s onto it. I needed to wipe my computer and reload it; so I copied the contents to that external hard drive. I still have those pictures and audio tapes; but I'll never go to the trouble of coping them to my hard drive again. Too much trouble to go through again. When I did it before it was mostly to keep from going nuts from boredom. lol

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hey, Charlie P., the male cat here in the house has about the same attitude. He will push items off the mantle, shelves, tables, etc., especially if he is unhappy. He pushed a 500 Gb external hard drive off a little table in the living room some months ago. It happened to hit the wrong way, even though it landed on carpet. Totaled it. I called a couple of places and got an estimate of near $200 to try to salvage the contents, but was told that it was doubtful it could be done. I had a lot of music files and pictures on it. I had spent a lot of hours recording over 200 audio tapes onto my hard drive and scanning all of the family pictures of both sides of the family from back in the early 1900s onto it. I needed to wipe my computer and reload it; so I copied the contents to that external hard drive. I still have those pictures and audio tapes; but I'll never go to the trouble of coping them to my hard drive again. Too much trouble to go through again. When I did it before it was mostly to keep from going nuts from boredom. lol

Circuit city has a repair crew called the geek squad. They could probably salvage it for less than that, especially if you had it put on a new hard drive you bought from them. Frank five star.png

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn, I had a local computer shop look at the hard drive. They said that it was almost a certainty that the disc itself had been damaged; that there wasn't much way to recover what was on it. Like I said, it would be a lot of trouble to put all of the music back onto a hard drive and scan the pictures on to it, but I can because I have the originals.
Last night I got to thinking about the music that I lost. I remembered that I had copied it all to discs before I left Texas. I still have those discs! So I won't have much trouble getting it back onto the hard drive. I've got about 3 or 4 plastic cases that are about 24" X 15" X 6". They contain my cd and dvd discs. I'll just have to go through them sometime and find those discs. I've built a couple of external hard drives. One for pictures, and one for music. Sure glad I remembered that, thanks for jogging my memory.
The pictures are a different story. I'd have to scan all of them onto my hard drive again. I really don't know if there are any of the kids or cousins that would be interested in seeing those old pictures of my family and my mom's and dad's families. I have too older cousins that have copies of most of those pictures. The rest of the kinfolk could care less. It's really pathetic how the younger generations care so little about there heritage and family's past history.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn, I had a local computer shop look at the hard drive. They said that it was almost a certainty that the disc itself had been damaged; that there wasn't much way to recover what was on it. Like I said, it would be a lot of trouble to put all of the music back onto a hard drive and scan the pictures on to it, but I can because I have the originals.
Last night I got to thinking about the music that I lost. I remembered that I had copied it all to discs before I left Texas. I still have those discs! So I won't have much trouble getting it back onto the hard drive. I've got about 3 or 4 plastic cases that are about 24" X 15" X 6". They contain my cd and dvd discs. I'll just have to go through them sometime and find those discs. I've built a couple of external hard drives. One for pictures, and one for music. Sure glad I remembered that, thanks for jogging my memory.
The pictures are a different story. I'd have to scan all of them onto my hard drive again. I really don't know if there are any of the kids or cousins that would be interested in seeing those old pictures of my family and my mom's and dad's families. I have too older cousins that have copies of most of those pictures. The rest of the kinfolk could care less. It's really pathetic how the younger generations care so little about there heritage and family's past history.

Someone, one day, will be happy you rescanned those pictures. Maybe someone not even
born yet! Best of luck recovering the loss!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions