Pensacola.....If I get to you....

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as I have mentioned my mother-in-law that lives with us is a 92 y.o. pain in my rump. As I was talking about metal detecting and this and that.she retold me this memory again. I paid attention.....She moved from Kentucky to Pensacola at a very-very young age. Her Dad had built some tourist cottages on a bay there (I will not say names). When she was around 8 or 9 years young she was playing about a block from the water and next to some oak trees and was digging around the roots and found a coin. She remembers it was Spanish. Her dad went there and dug around some refrigerators then, just ice boxes and the ice man would come around every few days. Her mother gave the coin to the ice man for a block of ice., and he accepted it happily. I showed her Google Earth and she showed me exactly where this was. It's been built up since then (Dah) and I realize the shifting sands.......BUT ONE CAN DREAM!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7::notworthy::blackbeard::coins::treasurechest::notworthy::dontknow::laughing7::laughing7:

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea i'm 55 yrs and was born and raised and lived here in p'cola, my whole life..What use be virgin ground is now built on,and whats areas that are left are private property..Imagine how much stuff has been built over,makes me sick to think about it..:blackbeard:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagine how much stuff has been built over,makes me sick to think about it..

Theres a supposed treasure buried in the town I live in but its so built up good luck even bothering with it.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have heard some wild stories from old timers around here (East Florida). One good one was about a local guy who found a real heavy brick on the beach and used it when he built a fireplace in his home. First time he lit a fire, the brick melted.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as I have mentioned my mother-in-law that lives with us is a 92 y.o. pain in my rump. As I was talking about metal detecting and this and that.she retold me this memory again. I paid attention.....She moved from Kentucky to Pensacola at a very-very young age. Her Dad had built some tourist cottages on a bay there (I will not say names). When she was around 8 or 9 years young she was playing about a block from the water and next to some oak trees and was digging around the roots and found a coin. She remembers it was Spanish. Her dad went there and dug around some refrigerators then, just ice boxes and the ice man would come around every few days. Her mother gave the coin to the ice man for a block of ice., and he accepted it happily. I showed her Google Earth and she showed me exactly where this was. It's been built up since then (Dah) and I realize the shifting sands.......BUT ONE CAN DREAM!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7::notworthy::blackbeard::coins::treasurechest::notworthy::dontknow::laughing7::laughing7:

Shifting sands? Could put it between here and Biloxi Miss. Lol
But hurricane Katrina may have it in Texas.
Is it white with an all metal handle?
Ray

Actually there are still ice services in Florida that deliver 30-40lb
blocks to homeowners when their pool water gets too hot. Not
very enjoyable with water over 90 degrees.

mhardy73

Mar 27, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Ace 250
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Did you ever make it over to try and find some of those coins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread