Headphones with larger ear cup cushions???

SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi All,

I have a whites MXT with the standard set of Whites headphones and I also am pretty much deaf. I wear hearing aids, and when I am out detecting, I switch both of my aids to telecoil (means that I only hear the noise produced by the coils of the headphones and no outside noise). The pickup of my aids are located near the top of my ears, so for best sound, I have to wear the headphones centered near the top of my ears rather then completely covering my ears.

I would love to find a good set of phones where the cushion is much larger and completly covers my ears with enough space so as not to block the pickup of the aids.

I have looked at the new larger bose, but even those are not large enough. I may consider taking the whites headphones apart and redoing the cushion part so that they leave at least 1/2inch of space between the edge of the cushion and the perimeter of my ears/aids....

Does anyone have any suggestions on headphones????

John

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
With White's MXT, I used Jimmy Sierra Maxiphones.

Great sound and keep your ears warm in the winter.

BTW, your ears may look like raisins in the warm weather though.

I've got two pairs, one in case I tear up the first ones.

I have had to send off one pair after about a year because I pulled a wire loose and their warranty took car of it for me. "Factory Lifetime Warranty."

http://www.jimmysierra.com/headphoneZ.htm

Burt

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I use Koss and they seem to have plenty large cups, but I don't use hearing aids though. Look for them at stereo stores or even radio shack sometimes to try a pair on. When it comes to phones and detecting, I've heard that higher impedance is better.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of DetetorPro Black Widows and, to me, they seem to have huge cushions. I've got a 7-3/8" hat size head but normal size ears. I could take measurements if you want. They are fantastic headphones. Noise limiter circuit, or you can crank them up to painful levels if you wish.

I can hear worms flinch with them. ;) Not cheap. I paid half of my detectors' cost (it was used) for them. They're around $126. I dropped mine out of the car trunk (D'oh!) and DetectorPro fixed the switch toggle fast and free.

blackwidowfull.jpg

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Charlie P. (NY) said:
I have a pair of DetetorPro Black Widows and, to me, they seem to have huge cushions. I've got a 7-3/8" hat size head but normal size ears. I could take measurements if you want. They are fantastic headphones. Noise limiter circuit, or you can crank them up to painful levels if you wish.

I can hear worms flinch with them. ;) Not cheap. I paid half of my detectors' cost (it was used) for them. They're around $126. I dropped mine out of the car trunk (D'oh!) and DetectorPro fixed the switch toggle fast and free.

blackwidowfull.jpg

Jimmy's Maxiphones are made by detector pro too.

Burt

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
HI john, this choperjoe From Long IsLand. about geting larger custions for your headphone. (white metal detector) has a unit you can buy it is for people who have a hearing lost.(work on (vibation) when you hit a coin.hope this help you, you see I an hard of hearing allso, I cannot hear my wife..Ha Ha Joe ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) 8) ;D 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions