romans

OP
OP
F

fusion

Greenie
Apr 10, 2007
for the love of god

for the love of god and gold is there anybody out there who wants to prove that the romans landed in ireland . its worth checking it out . ???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be tough to do with metal detector alone. Anything small and Roman could have been brought to Ireland by traders or Celts who obtained them on England's soil. You'll need proof of encampment or structures.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba14/ba14feat.html

is what you need to read. Apart from the possible Roman fort the most important point is that Roman finds (of which there have been quite a few) are not found on the sites where native finds are made. If Roman items were imported they would have most likely been lost at/round the native settlements.
One of the reasons for the invasion of Britain was to gain access to the gold,slaves and fighting dogs of Ireland.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread